Registration status & funding implications Voluntary Suspension

If you need to interrupt your studies for personal reasons, medical reasons or to care for someone you have caring duties for, you may be able to apply for voluntary suspension (VS).

Depending on which of these categories you are taking VS for and the duration of the suspension, will determine what funding you are entitled to.

If you have already submitted your funding application, you can submit an update through your online funding account to notify them you are suspending your studies and tell them if it is for personal, medical, or caring reasons. If you have not notified your funding body prior to the start of the academic year that you are repeating a year, you could end up with a funding overpayment.