Useful contacts

There are a number of organisations you may come into contact with when supporting your child's application to university. These will also be useful during their time of study.

Take a look at some of these organisations below:

Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)

UCAS are responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the UK. Your child will make their application on the UCAS website.

Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)

If you live in Scotland, your child will apply to government body SAAS to have their tuition fees paid by the Scottish Government. They are also the body who they will apply to for loans and/or bursaries for living costs. All applications are made on the SAAS website.

Student Loans Company (SLC)

The Student Loans Company is a UK public sector organisation established to provide financial services, in terms of loans and grants, to students in colleges and universities across the four education systems of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education

The QAA is an independent body who carry out external quality assurance by visiting universities and colleges to review how well they are fulfilling their responsibilities.

Scottish Funding Council

The Scottish Funding Council is the national strategic body that is responsible for funding teaching and learning provision, research and other activities in Scotland's 43 colleges and 20 universities and higher education institutions.