Our research laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instruments for characterisation of a wide range of porous and nanomaterials.
Constantly developing experimental techniques allow the investigation of crystallisation, flow reactions and combustion processes.
We have access to the High Performance Computing for the West of Scotland Centre (ARCHIE-WeSt) and the Advanced Materials Research Laboratory (AMRL).
Available facilities include:
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA), Intelligent Gravimetric Analysis (IGA) and Brunauer, Emmett and Teller Instrument (BET) systems
- Electrochemical deposition and etching systems for nanofabrication
- High resolution optical microscopes with image analysis and digital cameras
- Hollow fibre and membrane gas testing equipment
- Rheometer and high pressure viscometer
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometers
- High-performance gas and liquid chromatograph
- Static and dynamic light scattering instruments
- High-power laser systems
- High-temperature furnaces