This centre offers the UK’s only comprehensive doctoral training programme in Wind & Marine Energy Systems & Structures (CDT-WAMESS), bringing together the leading UK research groups in Wind Energy and Offshore Structures at Strathclyde, Marine Energy at the University of Edinburgh and Offshore Structures at the University of Oxford.
University of Strathclyde for more information about Wind Energy and Offshore Structures and to apply.
University of Edinburgh for more information about Marine Energy and to apply.
The WAMESS CDT is currently advertising for studentships in both tracks of the CDT (find out more about Track A and Track B).
Applications are open for Track A students. Track A is for students who wish to have their academic training programme to be concentrated in the first year of their 4 years in the CDT. Their research project is then completed over the remaining three years. This means that a student has longer in which to choose their research project. The broad initial training programme can help to inform a student’s choice of research project.
Applications are open for Track B students in the following set research projects:
- The University of Strathclyde is currently advertising for 2 studentships
- Vibration energy harvesting using Unidirectional String Mirrors Panels
- Impacts of Atmospheric Turbulence on Wind Turbine Main-Bearing Function and Failures (applications close 28th August or sooner if the position is filled)
- The University of Edinburgh is currently advertising for 3 studentships
- The University of Oxford is currently advertising for a studentship in geotechnical engineering and fluid mechanics for offshore renewable energy