This centre offers the UK’s only comprehensive doctoral training programme in Wind & Marine Energy Systems & Structures (CDT-WAMSS), bringing together the leading UK research groups in Wind Energy at Strathclyde, Marine Energy at the University of Edinburgh and Offshore Structures at the University of Oxford.
University of Strathclyde for more information about Wind Energy and to apply.
University of Edinburgh for more information about Marine Energy and to apply.
The University of Edinburgh is currently advertising for 3 studentships:
- Aerodynamics and Control of Offshore Wind Farms
- Bio-inspired morphing blades for wind and tidal turbines
- Composite Material and Structural Design for Morphing Tidal Blades for Improved Renewable Energy Harvesting
The University of Oxford is currently advertising for 5 studentships in geotechnical engineering and fluid mechanics for offshore renewable energy:
- Cyclic Loading of Offshore Wind Turbine Foundations – Numerical Analysis
- Geotechnical Design for Offshore Wind Turbines
- Development of a Practical Soil Constitutive Model Suitable for the Design of Offshore Wind Turbine Foundations in Sand, Considering Cyclic Loading – Laboratory Testing
- Development of a Practical Soil Constitutive Model Suitable for the Design of Offshore Wind Turbine Foundations in Sand, Considering Cyclic Loading – Numerical Analysis
- Unsteady Fluid Dynamics of Tidal Stream Turbines