students reading book in front of the Coliseum, Rome

Speech and Language TherapyStudy abroad

As a Strathclyde Speech and Language Pathology student, you’ll have the opportunity to study abroad through a student exchange programme.  Not only is this an excellent addition to your CV, but it's an enriching personal experience.

Erasmus exchange scheme

3rd year assessment marks must be at least 55%

During the second semester of your fourth year of study, you can take equivalent classes at an international university. To qualify for student exchange, you must have 3rd year assessment marks of 55% or above. In addition, you are required to pass all your exams at the first attempt. Should there be more applicants than places a decision will be made based on your 2nd year assessment marks. 


Studying outside Europe

You can study outside Europe but you won’t qualify for an Erasmus grant. You can apply to go on exchange to a university that has a formal agreement with the University of Strathclyde. Currently we hold one International Learning Agreement with San Diego State University.

How to apply for student exchange

If you’re interested in studying abroad, then you should first contact the Recruitment and International Office (4th floor, Graham Hills building).

You must then contact Anja Kuschmann to discuss your chosen curriculum.

Applications for study abroad take place online through Mobility Online.


Partner universities

Find out more about the Erasmus exchange scheme