There are a variety of reasons why you may consider further study. You may be looking to improve your career prospects. Or you have an interest in the subject or because it's necessary for a particular occupation. The following resources will help you to decide if further study is the right option for you:
- Find out which postgraduate study providers attend the Scottish Graduate Fair, held in October each year.
- Have a look at the range of programmes in the Careers Toolkit to help you upskill in a number of areas.
Upskilling @ Strathclyde delivers a range of short and flexible modules developed across disciplines and fully funded by the Scottish Funding Council for those:
- aged over 25 years
- domiciled in Scotland
- unemployed or at risk of redundancy
- job under threat as a result of Covid-19, including furloughed workers
- graduates who no longer have an employed destination
- redundant workers looking to gain higher-level skills
The Manufacturing Skills Academy also offers a range of courses and events (both live and self-directed). These aim to boost the manufacturing industry in Scotland. These may be of interest to graduates. The funding criteria stipulate that attendees must be resident in Scotland, over 25, and unemployed/at risk of redundancy/need to upskill