Income Tax is your contribution to Government spending such as the NHS, education, defence and law and order.
- All workers in the UK who earn over a certain amount per year will need to pay income tax - the more you earn the more you pay
- Students are not exempt from paying income tax
- Earnings from full or part-time work, including bonuses and tips are taxable income
- HM Revenue & Customs is the organisation which collects tax in the UK
- The tax year runs from 6th April in one year to 5th April the following year