Mental Health & Wellbeing appointments
Our Early Intervention Counselling Team supports students with their mental health or wellbeing.
Email the Disability & Wellbeing Service for a referral. We'll ask you to complete a short referral form. This will allow us to arrange an appropriate appointment for you. If you consider yourself to be at risk or need medical treatment, urgently contact your GP.
If you need help now, please contact your GP.
Your GP can provide further assessment of your symptoms. They can discuss treatment options and refer you to Specialist Services. If your GP is closed, their answerphone will direct you to the appropriate support service. Or you can call NHS 24 on 111.
If it's an emergency, the following Emergency Services are available:
- Campus Security via calling 0141 548 2222
- Emergency Services via calling 999
- Accident & Emergency - the service nearest to the University is the Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Castle Street, Glasgow G4
- NHS 24 on 111 for Health Information and Self Care Advice
If you need to talk to someone, below is a list of available support:
- Samaritans Glasgow 0141 248 4488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 (All weekend and Monday to Friday 6pm to 2am)
- Nightline 0141 552 2555 (for students and staffed by local student volunteers) - someone to talk to and will often be able to help with general information questions (Monday to Friday 7pm to 7am, during term time)
- it may also be helpful for you to talk to a friend or family member