Room 4.36, Level 4,
The Graham Hills Building
50 George Street
Telephone: 0141 548 3402
Appointments can be made by phoning the Disability & Wellbeing Service on 0141 548 3402, or by calling into Room 4.36 on the fourth floor of the Graham Hills Building.
Our office opening hours are from 9am until 4pm, Monday to Friday.
If you prefer you can also e-mail us (email@example.com) to ask about making an appointment.
There is ramp access to the Graham Hills Building from 50 George Street, and a lift to all floors.
Mental Health & Wellbeing
If you think you would like to engage with our team for emotional, mental health or wellbeing issues, please come into Room 4.36 on the fourth floor of the Graham Hills Building, where we will ask you to complete a short referral form which will enable us to arrange an appropriate appointment for you. Our office opening hours are from 9am until 4pm, Monday to Friday.
The Disability and Wellbeing Service would strongly encourage you to contact your GP urgently should you consider yourself to be at risk, or require medical treatment.
If you feel that you need help now, please contact your GP. Your GP can provide further assessment of your symptoms, discuss treatment options and refer you onto Specialist Services. If your GP is closed, their answerphone will direct you to the appropriate support service, or you can call NHS 24 on 111.
If it is an emergency situation, the following Emergency Services are available:
- Campus Security via calling 0141 548 2222.
- Emergency Services via calling 999.
- Accident & Emergency Service nearest to the University is the Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Castle Street, Glasgow G4.
- NHS 24 on 111 for Health Information and Self Care Advice.
If you need to talk to someone, below are a list of supports that are available:
- Samaritans Glasgow 0141 248 4488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 (All weekend and Monday to Friday 6pm - 2am)
- Nightline 0141 552 2555 (for students and staffed by local student volunteers) someone to talk to and will often be able to help with general information questions. 7pm to 7am, Monday to Friday during term time.
- It may also be helpful for you to talk to a friend or family member.
Disability - Tell Us About Your Needs
If you think you would like to engage with our team for disability related support, please complete our 'Tell Us About Your Needs' questionnaire, which will allow one of our advisers to start the process of identifying the most appropriate support requirements and allow us to engage with you.
The questionnaire is intended to help us to start thinking about your support needs. We need you to think about how your impairment or condition may affect your learning and study at university.
You can complete and submit the questionnaire online at: “Tell us about Your Needs” questionnaire (online) (secure and accessible online form)
Please be aware that you on submission of your questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation email and thereafter, your questionnaire will be reviewed by one of our disability advisers, and therefore it may take up to 2 weeks before you would receive a response.