Departmental Action

Departmental action

  • Departments should note that University personnel are not permitted to work with any form of asbestos, only a licensed contractor may carry out work with asbestos
  • Departments should be aware of the known location of ACMs in their buildings (These known locations will be recorded on the universities asbestos register and identified by warning labels)
  • Where a department suspects that asbestos has been damaged or in a poor condition e.g. flaking paint on asbestos ceiling tiles, they must inform their head of department or DSC thereafter contact Estates Services in order for remedial action to be taken
  • Where laboratory equipment is known or suspected to contain asbestos and requires to be disposed of, departments should contact Estates Services' Asbestos Coordinator for guidance