Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
The University holds policies in respect of:-
Further details on these polices are available from firstname.lastname@example.org
VISITORS TO THE UNIVERSITY
All visitors to the University are covered by the University's Public Liability Insurance Policy.
Details of all working visitors, which can include visiting academics, school children on work placement, New Deal work placements and volunteers, must be provided to email@example.com
Health & Safety Regulations
Supervisors of visitors to the University should consult with their Departmental Safety Convener with regard to health and safety regulations. If you are unsure of who your Departmental Safety Convener is then contact our Safety Services departement who will be able to advise.
In particular visitors should receive information on the following:-
- First Aid /Emergency procedures
- Fire Safety arrangements within a department and the University
- Access to University's Health & Safety Policy and Departmental Safety Manual
- Risk assessments pertaining to their particular course of work
- Instruction, supervision and training on any equipment that they will be using
- If their time at the University exceeds 3 months, it is advisable for them to attend a Health & Safety Induction Class