Invoicing the University for your Goods or Services
If you are invoicing the University, please note the following points:
OUR PURCHASE ORDERS TO YOU
We introduced our new Finance System, FMS, from 10 August 2015.
From this date, we have three routes for placing orders with suppliers.
- Standard email order, from our FMS system
- Marketplace order, from our Parabilis system
- cXML order, from our Parabilis system
We will order from you in the manner we have agreed with you. The Purchase Order number range for orders placed by us from 10 August begins with a ‘5’ followed by 6 further digits e.g. ‘5000000’.
Please quote the Purchase Order number in all correspondence with us.
If your contact email address for receipt of purchase orders changes, please notify us immediately so we can update our records.
Delivery notes should be sent to the receiving Department within the University.
Invoices should be sent to our Payments Team, within Finance.
More details are provided below.
SUPPLIERS NOT ENABLED FOR EITHER MARKETPLACE OR cXML ORDERS
- You will receive University purchase orders by email, to the contact address we have agreed with you. We ceased to issue paper orders form 10 August 2015.
- We will email you orders from firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPLIERS ENABLED FOR MARKETPLACE ORDERS
If we have agreed to transmit purchase orders to you using the Parabilis Marketplace within FMS:
- You will receive University purchase orders by email.
- We will email you orders from email@example.com.
- Please ensure that the following IP address is added to your ‘white list’ to ensure receipt of orders from our system: 188.8.131.52.
- For non-catalogue orders we will email you orders from firstname.lastname@example.org .
SUPPLIERS ENABLED FOR cXML ORDERS
If we have agreed with you to transmit purchase orders to you from FMS/Parabilis using cXML:
- You will receive University purchase orders by cXML
- However, for any non-catalogue orders we will email you orders from email@example.com .
YOUR DELIVERY NOTES
- Please continue to send a delivery note / proof of delivery with any deliveries, to the University Department that placed the purchase order.
- Our Departments are required to receipt goods on the Finance system before invoices can be paid.
SENDING US YOUR INVOICES
To ensure that there is no delay in payment, please send all invoices directly to the University’s Payments Team:
University of Strathclyde
16 Richmond Street
DETAILS WE REQUIRE ON YOUR INVOICE
To enable us to process your invoice, the following information MUST be included or we may have to return the invoice to you requesting full details:
- University Purchase Order number
- Supplier name and full address
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Delivery Note reference (where applicable)
- Name and address of the person within the University to whom the goods or services are being supplied
- VAT registration number (where applicable)
- Company Registration Number (where applicable)
- Net amount payable excluding VAT
- Gross Amount (Net amount + VAT)
INVOICE PAYMENT METHOD
- We will no longer make supplier payments by cheque. Payments will be made directly into your Bank Account.
- The University’s standard payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice.