FMS - Student Placements
HOW TO CLAIM EXPENSES
Students on certain courses (e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Education, Bachelor of Education, BA in Social Work) are entitled to claim placement expenses.
This can be done online through the Financial Management System. Your department will let you know the internal budget code against which these expenses should be charged. (This code has to be entered when you are completing the online expenses claim form).
1) The Financial Management System can be accessed at https://fms.strath.ac.uk/ (See Hints and Tips Below)
2) When prompted enter your University username, then ‘DS’ into the domain field and then your University password. Instructions on logging on to FMS and some basic navigation can be found at https://moss.strath.ac.uk/developmentandtraining/FMS/Pages/FindingYourWay.aspx in the document entitled ‘FMS Web Introduction – Tutor Led Manual’.
3) Videos and documentation explaining how the system can be used to claim expenses can be found at https://moss.strath.ac.uk/developmentandtraining/FMS/Pages/Expenses.aspx
4) The University’s policy on Travel Expenses can be found here: Expenses Policy
5) If you have any questions or issues that are not covered by the information on the FMS Knowledge Hub then please direct them to :
- Phone - 0141 548 4500
- Email - email@example.com
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
If you would like to be paid directly into your Bank Account please complete this form:Student Bank Information Form
- Download a copy of the Form to your own PC or personal drive
- If necessary change the View to 'Edit' on Microsoft Word
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please enter ‘Student Placement Bank Account’ in the ‘Subject’/’Title’ line of your email.
- Please send this from your University Email account so we know it is from you.
HINTS AND TIPS
Browsers and Operating Systems
The FMS system runs well on most current browsers and operating systems (see advice here : Supported Browsers for FMS ) but you may experience problems if you try to use older browsers or try to access the system by opening a web browser on your phone (mobile apps have not yet been implemented).
Networks and Services Providers
Some schools and social work offices have network restrictions which may prevent you accessing the system from their equipment and network. There should be no issue with accessing the FMS system from a campus PC or from most home Internet Service Providers.