The Promotion (Regrading) policy reflects the University's commitment to ensure that the grading of all members of staff clearly reflects the responsibilities of the role to which they are appointed.
Promotion (Regrading) is applicable to:
- Promotions/regrading for staff in the APS, Technical and Operational Services staff categories
- Promotions/regrading for staff within Research, Teaching and Knowledge Exchange staff categories up to and including Grade 7; and
- Academic staff, where their post is re-categorised to another University staff category.
This policy does not apply to:
- Promotion to Academic posts at Grade 9 and above, or Teaching, Research or Knowledge Exchange posts at Grade 8 and above; or transfers to the Academic staff category at Grade 9 and above for staff whose posts are currently assigned to a staff category other than Academic; all of which is dealt with under the Promotion Procedure for Senior Academic Professional Staff; or
- Promotion/advancement from Lecturer A to Lecturer B grade or transfers to the Academic staff category at Lecturer level (Grades 7 & 8), all of which is dealt with at Faculty Review Panels (Early Career Academic Staff) as set out in the Academic Career Development Framework and Chancellor's Fellow Review.
There will be one panel which will consider cases on a 6 monthly basis. Dates are published below.
The Promotion (Regrading) procedure has recently been amended. As a result, please take time to read the new Promotion (Regrading) Policy and guidance. Staff wishing to apply for promotion (regrading) should use the following documents:
- Job Profile Form
- Promotion (Regrading) Recommendation Form
- Promotion (Regrading) Appeal Form
- Organisation Chart Template
For further information, please read the Promotion (Regrading) Guidance.
The timetable for the latest round of Promotion (Regrading) is set out below:
|Deadline for Dean/CFO/USCO/CCO Submission||Thursday, 31 August 2023|
|Deadline for HR Submission||Thursday, 28 September 2023|
|Promotion (Regrading) Panel||Weeks commencing 6, 13 & 20 November 2023|
|Deadline for Appeal Submission||TBC|