MFA is active in the University so there are a few steps you must take to ensure you are able to authenticate and access your account:
- for Android phones, navigate to the Playstore, for iOS phones, navigate to the App store; then search for Microsoft Authenticator, click install
- open the Authenticator App
- if you are prompted about Data Privacy, click OK, then skip all steps until you have the option to add your first account
- you have now installed the Authenticator app; you can now continue on to the MFA User Registration
To use MFA, generally, you'll need a mobile device which you can register and use as your 'second-factor' for logging in.
Download the Microsoft Authenticator app
If you're using a smartphone, you should download the Microsoft Authenticator App. This is the easiest way to use MFA and the method Information Services recommends.
- The first step in the registration process is to visit MFA setup on your desktop.
- You'll then be prompted to login; enter your email and Click Next
- you'll now be asked for credentials, Enter your password and click Sign in
- you'll now be prompted to provide additional information, Click Next
Add your account to the app
If you haven't installed the Microsoft authenticator app on your phone go back to the home screen and follow the guide. Otherwise, Click Next:
- In the Authenticator App, click ADD ACCOUNT.
- In the Authenticator App, choose Work or school account.
- If you receive a permission prompt, click Allow.
- Once you have completed the above steps on the Authenticator App, in the MFA Wizard, click Next.
- In the Authenticator App, Scan the QR Code. In the MFA Wizard, click Next.
- Click Approve on your phone screen.
- Once the Notification is approved successfully, click Next
- You have now set up the authenticator app as your second method of authentication. click Done.
Set up additional methods of authentication
You'll now be taken to your security info page. This is where you can set up additional methods of authentication. We recommend adding your mobile in case something happens to your authenticator app. Click Add Method:
- From the dropdown, Select Phone and click Add.
- Enter your mobile phone number and click Next.
- You'll now be sent a 6-digit code to your mobile, enter it here and click Next.
- SMS should now be verified, click Done.
- you'll now be taken back to security info. To change your default sign-in method, click Change.
- From the dropdown, Select Microsoft Authenticator notification and click Confirm.
- You have now registered your information for MFA.
- Once you are registered for MFA, you can manage your authentication methods at My Sign Ins.