Windows 10 is the current release of the Windows operating system, produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, and home theater PCs.
Is this software right for me?
This software can be used by staff on university or personal computers, whether that is a laptop or desktop, both on and off campus.
What does this software do?
Windows 10 Enterprise is an operating system used to run Windows computers.
Can you explain in more detail?
Windows 10 introduces what Microsoft described as a "universal" application architecture; expanding on Metro-style apps, these apps can be designed to run across multiple Microsoft product families with nearly identical code—including PCs, tablets, smartphones, embedded systems, and Xbox One, as well as new products such as Surface Hub and HoloLens. Windows 10's user interface was revised to handle transitions between a mouse-oriented interface with and a touchscreen-optimized interface based on available input devices—particularly on laplets; both interfaces include an updated Start menu that compromises a design similar to Windows 7 with 8's tiles. Windows 10 also introduces Task View, a virtual desktop system, the Microsoft Edge web browser and other new or updated applications, integrated support for fingerprint and face recognition login, new security features for enterprise environments, and new versions of DirectX and WDDM to improve the operating system's graphics capabilities for games.
Windows version : Enterprise(64-bit)
Support Level : None
Available for download via Pegasus.
DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW
This software is not available to students.
Computer Labs :
Windows 10 is also available on the virtual desktop - http://aka.ms/wvdarmweb
Type : Site licensed
End Date : Renewed annually
Licence Details :
Please read licence details before downloading software:
By staff on or off campus and with a personal or University owned computer system.
Personal Licence : Not applicable
When downloading this software, an automated email will be sent to your university email account. Please read this email as it contains information and instructions.
If you have any problems downloading or installing this software, please contact email@example.com
A huge variety of information is available, including overviews and FAQs on the Microsoft homepages.
VIEW THE WINDOWS 10 WEBPAGE NOW
If you want older versions of this software, other versions are available on the Available Licensed Software page on Pegasus.
Who is it for?
Free to download to University owned or personal PC/Laptop
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster or SoC
- RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800x600
- The upgradeability of a device has factors beyond the system specification. This includes driver and firmware support, application compatibility, and feature support, regardless of whether or not the device meets the minimum system specification for Windows 10.
- Windows Hello requires specialized illuminated infrared camera for facial recognition or iris detection or a fingerprint reader that supports the Window Biometric Framework.
- Two factor authentication requires the use of a PIN, biometrics (fingerprint reader or illuminated infrared camera), or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database.
- BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0 or a USB flash drive.
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM.
- Miracast requires a display adapter which supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3, and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Wi-Fi Direct Printing requires a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct and a device that supports Wi-Fi Direct Printing.
- To install a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit PC, your processor needs to support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF.
- InstantGo works only with computers designed for Connected Standby.
- Device encryption requires a PC with InstantGo and TPM 2.0.
- A Microsoft account is required for some features, and Internet access (ISP) fees might apply.