Our Family Study Room is part of the redeveloped area on Level 3 of the Library. The Family Study Room is a dedicated area for people to study on their own or work alongside their peers, whilst needing to supervise a child (aged 0–12).
Facilities in the room include:
- 1 low circular table with 5 small chairs, suitable for small children
- 1 adult-height circular table and 1 adult-height rectangular table, each able to accommodate 4 people working solo or as a group
- digital screens to support group/solo work and file sharing
- a small selection of children’s colouring sheets - please bring your own colouring pencils and observe the usual safety measures to manage the risk of smaller objects being used by young children
- space for a pushchair/baby carrier
See the Family Study Room online
Using the room
You do not currently need to book the Family Study Room.
The room is not intended for use by customers unaccompanied by children unless working in a group where one member has a child with them. This will support those who have found it challenging to meet their individual and group study commitments due to childcare responsibilities.
Customer feedback and monitoring of any issues that may arise in that time will continue to inform the policy for managing this space. Some details below may be subject to change at a later stage.
For more information about the room, please see our Family Study Room policy. This also gives information on the nearest baby changing and breastfeeding facilities.