General Waste and Recycling
The University of Strathclyde is committed to minimizing waste and recycling as many materials as possible produced by our activities.
General Recycling Infrastructure
See our Waste Management Policy
They are located centrally in all buildings, the number of containers and material streams varies by location. Find out more:
All waste e.g. food waste, paper, plastic bottles, cans, glass, and general non-recyclables is to be segregated by students and staff at centralised recycling stations provided throughout the buildings.
These are available on request for recycling paper in all offices. Please contact: Andrew Baillie, Cleaning services manager: email@example.com , Tel: 0141 548 4975
- The University's cleaning and light duty staff monitor recycling stations on a daily basis and transfer the contents to external 1100L containers where it's collected by the University waste management contractor Enva.
- Staff disposing material directly in the 1100L containers must ensure materials are appropriately segregated and disposed of in clear plastic bags. For mixed recycling no black bags are to be used, and no lose items placed in bins. All recyclables have to be bagged, and cardboard flattened down.
To find out about what happens to our waste see Waste Diagram.
Questions or comments? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate
- Internal Audit
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Services
- About Estates Services
- Estates Helpdesk
- Our Projects
- Car Parking
- Security Services
- Telephone Services
- Portering Services
- Works Management
- Space Planning
- Room Booking
- Safety Information
- Information for Estates Services staff
- Sustainable Travel
- Sustainable Strathclyde
- Climate Change
- Team Jump
- General Waste and Recycling
- Policies and Reports