Ultrasound plays a key role in the monitoring, characterisation and enhancement of many industrial processes, including crystallisation, cleaning, recycling, anti-fouling and pharmaceutical. Our strengths are in the design, characterisation and implementation of bespoke ultrasonic reactor systems.
Our research interests in this area include:
- Design optimisation of high intensity ultrasonic reactors
- High power acoustic field characterisation
- Passive acoustic monitoring
- Active acoustic monitoring, including the application of ultrasonic arrays
- High power ultrasound for recycling applications
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Sonochemistry applications