Support and Wellbeing Links
Staff: The following links can be used if you are approached by or become aware of a student requiring assistance.
Emergency and Wellbeing Contact information
Helping Students in Distress guide for staff (PDF Leaflet)
Students: The following links can be used to access the various support services that the University provides.
Disability and Wellbeing Service
If you need help outwith University office hours, please use the Out of Hours, Emergency Services & Helplines below.
Students: If you feel that you need help now, please contact your GP or you can call NHS 24 on 111.
If it is an emergency, the following Emergency Services are available:
• Campus Security via calling 0141 548 3333.
• Emergency Services via calling 999.
• Accident & Emergency Service nearest to the University is the Glasgow Royal Infirmary on Castle Street, Glasgow G4.
• NHS 24 on 111 for Health Information and Self Care Advice.
• If you have become homeless or urgently need money (you cannot buy food for example) please phone campus security on 0141 548 3333.
If you need to talk to someone, below is a list of support that is available:
· Samaritans Glasgow. Call 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
· Shout is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope. Text Shout to 85258 for a reply.
· Breathing Space. Call 0800 83 85 87 (All weekend and Monday to Friday 6pm - 2am)
Please note that all these services are UK based. If you are abroad, we encourage you to engage with medical or emergency services wherever you are.