I am a Knowledge Exchange Fellow with the Department of Management Science at the University of Strathclyde. I regularly work as part of multi-disciplinary collaborative teams with engineers and scientists from other disciplines. My interests are generally in developing and applying modelling techniques to real-world problems, working closely with industry to produce practical solutions to specific problems through purpose-built tools.
I teach on various modules delivered by Management Science for Masters courses, teaching a range of statistical and analytical modelling techniques.
During my research career I have worked in the fields of metrology, robotics and automation, ocean and marine engineering, renewable energy, maintenance and reliability, water engineering and ultrasonic engineering. Tackling this diverse set of real-world problems has led to my interest in a wide range of modelling and analysis techniques from operational research, mathematics, statistics, and computer science.
Some examples include developing discrete event simulation tools combining scheduling models with weather forecasting models to support offshore wind farm installation projects, developing novel techniques for solving large-scale multi-objective non-linear optimisation problems to support the optimal design of water distribution networks, and developing stochastic dynamic programming models to support maintenance decisions of complex energy systems.
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (Journal)
- Peer reviewer
- HIC 2012
more professional activities
- KTP - Maru Syngro
- Barlow, Euan (Principal Investigator) Revie, Matthew (Co-investigator) Roper, Marc (Co-investigator)
- 15-Jan-2018 - 14-Jan-2020
- Multi-Level Robust Optimization: Theory, Algorithms and Practice
- Akartunali, Kerem (Principal Investigator) Barlow, Euan (Co-investigator)
- 20-Jan-2018 - 19-Jan-2020
- KTP-Scottish Water
- Walls, Lesley (Principal Investigator) Arulselvan, Ashwin (Co-investigator) Barlow, Euan (Co-investigator) Quigley, John (Co-investigator) Revie, Matthew (Co-investigator)
- 08-Jan-2016 - 07-Jan-2018
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map