Spectroscopy has been the centre of my research interest and career. My aim is to apply advance spectroscopic techniques to investigate nanostructure materials for optical sensing applications. I am especially familiar with Raman and surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, light scattering spectroscopy and surface plasmon spectroscopy. My current research project focuses on the development of robust optical measurement-interpretation platform by utilising UV-vis-NIR spectroscopy in the fields of process analysis and biomedical diagnostics. I am also interested in applying the concept to other spectroscopic techniques to overcome challenges in instrumentation and analysis of measurements.
I am currently leading the Measurement and Analytics Team in Strathclyde. My long term goal is to lead integration of analytical science to provide solutions for challenges faced in scientific and industrial communities.
- Multi-sensor Measurements For Quantitative Particle Size And Concentration
- Multi-sensor in situ measurements of particle size, shape and concentration
- Optical microstructure characterisation of minimally diluted turbid media
- SPIE Optical Metrology
- BIT’s 7th Annual Conference of AnalytiX-2019
- Invited speaker
- Laser induced incandescence image for the investigation of soot formation in laminar flames
More professional activities
- KTP - ScotBio. Intensifying production requires sophisticated monitoring and control solutions. The project will deliver expertise in chemical and process engineering and will shorten time to market and help automate key processes.
- Chen, Yi-Chieh (Principal Investigator) Mulheran, Paul (Co-investigator)
- 09-Jan-2020 - 08-Jan-2023
- Portable multi-sensor platforms for quality assessment of plastic bales
- Zimbitas, Georgina (Researcher) Chen, Yi-Chieh (Principal Investigator)
- Regulators like SEPA play an important role to safeguard the environment and to inspect regulatory compliance of the recycler. Equipping inspectors with quick, reliable and usable tools to capture credible evidence for any non-compliance would greatly enhance the regulator’s reputation and reduce violation within the sector. In order to aid in this, an integrated approach is implemented to leverage the advances in sensor (imaging and FTIR/NIR spectroscopy) technology and artificial intelligence, thus allowing for effective and efficient inspection of bales of waste plastic, on-site and kerbside.
- 01-Jan-2020 - 01-Jan-2021
- Portable multi-sensor platform for quality assessment of plastic bales
- Chen, Yi-Chieh (Principal Investigator) Andonovic, Ivan (Co-investigator) Cardona Amengual, Javier (Co-investigator) Cleary, Alison (Co-investigator) Tachtatzis, Christos (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020
- Spatially and angularly resolved Raman and vis-NIR spectroscopy for in-line pharmaceutical drying process
- Chen, Yi-Chieh (Principal Investigator)
- 03-Jan-2019 - 02-Jan-2021
- Study of natural rubber polymerisation kinetics using online monitoring system for rubber industrial applications
- Prapainainar, Paweena (Principal Investigator) Chen, Yi-Chieh (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 31-Jan-2018
- Spectroscopic measurement of particle embedded polymeric materials for estimation of solar gain
- Chen, Yi-Chieh (Principal Investigator) Wong, Ing Liang (Principal Investigator) Paneri, Anshul (Post Grad Student)
- 27-Jan-2017 - 10-Jan-2017
Chemical and Process Engineering
James Weir Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map