Ben is a Knowledge Exchange Associate at the Fraser of Allander Institute working across a number of projects areas.
He has a Masters in Economics from the University of Edinburgh, and a degree in Economics from the University of Strathclyde.
His main areas of focus are on health, social care and the economics related to the criminal justice system. He also has experience in business survey design and dissemination; a host of commissioned research projects for private, public and third sector organisations; and, economic modelling.
- Fraser of Allander Election 2021 Podcast Series
- Why Economics - Economic Futures Event
More professional activities
- Costing the New National Care System
- Congreve, Emma (Principal Investigator) Connolly, Kevin (Co-investigator) Cooper, Benjamin (Co-investigator) Crummey, Ciara (Co-investigator)
- Collabaorative Project - Short form collaboration agreement
- 31-Jan-2022 - 30-Jan-2022
- Contribution of the Pharmaceutical Sector to Northern Ireland’s Economy
- Spowage, Mairi (Principal Investigator) Black, James (Co-investigator) Cooper, Benjamin (Co-investigator)
- Consultancy project using quotation and UoS terms.
- 01-Jan-2021 - 11-Jan-2022
- The economic impact of a reduction in Scotch whisky tariffs in India on the UK economy
- Black, James (Principal Investigator) Brocek, Frantisek (Principal Investigator) Cooper, Benjamin (Principal Investigator) McGeoch, Adam (Principal Investigator) Spowage, Mairi (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2021
- Fraser of Allander Election 2021 Briefing
- Congreve, Emma (Principal Investigator) Mitchell, Mark (Co-investigator) McIntyre, Stuart (Co-investigator) Eiser, David (Co-investigator) Spowage, Mairi (Co-investigator) Watts, Robert (Co-investigator) McGeoch, Adam (Researcher) Cooper, Benjamin (Researcher) Black, James (Researcher) Brocek, Frantisek (Researcher)
- 24-Jan-2021 - 04-Jan-2021
- Scottish Business Monitor 2020-21
- Black, James (Principal Investigator) Cooper, Benjamin (Principal Investigator) Malloy, Eleanor (Principal Investigator) Spowage, Mairi (Principal Investigator) Roy, Graeme (Principal Investigator)
- The quarterly Scottish Business Monitor, sponsored by Addleshaw Goddard, provides a snapshot of activity in the Scottish economy, as well as monitoring the optimism levels of a range of businesses. The Scottish Business Monitor analyses corporate confidence across a number of key criteria, including business activity, concerns and investment.
- 01-Jan-2020 - 30-Jan-2021
- Orkney Islands Economic Review
- Cooper, Benjamin (Principal Investigator) McGeoch, Adam (Principal Investigator) Roy, Graeme (Principal Investigator) Spowage, Mairi (Principal Investigator) Black, James (Principal Investigator)
- Orkney is a unique economy within Scotland and has a number of significant economic strengths. It performs well on key measures of aggregate economic performance, with low levels of unemployment and relatively high levels of household income (compared to the Scottish average). It has key strengths in a number of important sectors, from tourism to the marine sector through to food and drink. Across the 70 islands that make up Orkney there is world-class renewable energy potential. Looking at what is best for Orkney’s economy, both at a local level and how national policy will impact upon local outcomes, is therefore crucial. The aim of this report, by the Fraser of Allander Institute, is to inform discussions on the future priorities of Orkney both locally and nationally.
- 01-Jan-2020 - 18-Jan-2020