I received the PhD degree in Photonic Technology from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain in December 2006. In 2007 I joined the Optoelectronics Research Group of the University of Essex (England, UK) first as a Post-Doctoral Fellow and then as a Marie Curie Fellow (IEF Programme, Project ISLAS, 2009-2011). In 2010 I was awarded by the European Commission with a second Marie Curie Fellowship (IOF Programme, Project NINFA, 2011-2014) to carry out a collaborative project between the Universities of New Mexico (USA) and Essex (UK). Following this award in 2011 I started working in the Optoelectronics Research Group at the Center for High Technology Materials (CHTM-UNM) in Albuquerque (NM, USA). In 2014 I was awarded a Chancellor Fellowship by the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland, UK). As a result of this award I started working from October 2014 as a Lecturer at the Strathclyde’s Institute of Photonics.
My research focuses on semiconductor lasers (SLs) and nonlinear dynamics. My interests include, but are not limited to, the analysis of the physical properties of vertical-cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSELs), nanostructure lasers (Quantum-Dash and Quantum-Dot), nanowire lasers, etc. I am also interested in the effects of optical injection in SLs, including injection locking, bistability, switching and nonlinear dynamics. Other topics of my research include the analysis of spin effects in VCSELs and semiconductor disk lasers and the use of SLs for the generation of microwave and millimeter-wave signals for communications and spectroscopy. Finally, I am also interested in the utilization of SLs to reproduce neuronal computational features at ultrafast speeds for use as foundational blocks for future neuro-morphic photonic systems.
- Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP 2016-2017 University of Strathclyde) | Robertson, Joshua
- Hurtado, Antonio (Principal Investigator) Strain, Michael (Co-investigator) Robertson, Joshua (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2017 - 01-Apr-2021
- Doctoral Training Partnership (DTA - University of Strathclyde) | Jevtics, Dimitars
- Hurtado, Antonio (Principal Investigator) Dawson, Martin (Co-investigator) Jevtics, Dimitars (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2015 - 01-Apr-2019
- BRAIN-inspired networks of ultrafast PHOTONIC NeuronS (Brain Photonics)
- Hurtado, Antonio (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Mar-2017 - 28-Feb-2018
Institute of Photonics
Technology Innovation Centre
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map