I am Course Leader on the LLM/MSc/PGDip in Mediation and Conflict Resolution, which has been running at Strathclyde Law School since 2009. I am a practising mediator and Director of University of Strathclyde Mediation Clinic, providing small claims mediation at Glasgow Sheriff Court. My research interests include mediation in the justice system, the role of emotion in conflict and the wider use of mediatory approaches in society. I am currently a PhD candidate at Queen Margaret University where my subject is mediation and justice.
- Looking Outward - Mediation: a New Enlightenment?
- Mediation Under Simple Procedure: One Year On
- Justice in Mediation
- Mediation v Litigation: Where's Justice
- International Symposium on ADR and Justice
- American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Conference
more professional activities
- Training for sheriffs in using mediation
- Irvine, Charlie (Principal Investigator)
- Training provided for the Judicial Institute for Scotland on the effective use of mediation in court actions. This was triggered by the new Simple Procedure rules, brought in by the Act of Sederunt (Simple Procedure) 2016, which require sheriffs to ensure that proper consideration is given to alternative dispute resolution in civil claims of up to £5,000
- 01-Jan-2016 - 01-Jan-2017