I completed my first degree in thermal engineering in 2005 at North China Electric Power University in Beijing, China. In between 2005 and 2007, I was a Project Engineer at Taiyuan Boiler Group Co., Ltd, in Shanxi, China. I subsequently, in 2007, moved back to North China Electric Power University for Master’s study based on the National Engineering Lab for Biomass Power Generation Equipment. Then, in June 2010, I moved to Sweden and stared working on my doctoral thesis on energy engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology. After awarded a PhD degree in February 2014, I moved to the Systems, Power & Energy Research Division within the School of Engineering at University of Glasgow and worked there as a postdoctoral research assistant. In June 2015, I joined the chemical and process engineering department at University of Stathclyde.
I have been working on energy engineering for 13 years, including 2-year industrial experience working on power generation sectors. I am a specialist on design, retrofit, installation, and operation of pulverized fuel boilers and circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers. I have strong CFD and process simulations skills using MATLAB, FORTRAN, ANSYS Fluent, and ASPEN Plus. I am an academic membership of International Flame Research Foundation (IFRF).
CP206: Chemical Engineering Practice 1
CP414: Particle Technology & Advanced Reactors
CP407: Design Project
CP533: Clean Combustion Technologies
- Development of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods of thermal/chemical processes.
- Biomass characterization:fuel properties, kinetics, ignition, thermal conversion behaviour.
- Biomass combustion & co-firing: large percentage biomass substitutions; ash related problems and aerosol formations.
- Second generation biofuels production & upgrading by torrefaction, pyrolysis, gasification, and synthesis.
- Integrated energy systems: biomass and solar system combination; co-processing biomass/bio-oil in oil refinery; advanced clean combustion technologies
- Ash related challenges: release mechanism and kinetics of alkali metals; removal of inherent alkali metals at fuel processing stage.
- National Chung Hsing University
- Visiting researcher
- Modelling the Distribution of Mercury in Oil and Gas Processing Facilities - Manssor Khalifa - ViVa at University of Strathclyde
- Workshop on Agricultural Biomass Waste -Utilisation Routes
- ETP Energy Emporium 2018
- Shilong Zhao
- IBioIC Annual Conference
more professional activities
Chemical and Process Engineering
James Weir Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map