Ph.D. in Management Science, University of Lancaster.
M.Sc. in Information Management, University of Lancaster
B.Sc. in Applied Biological Sciences, CNAA
Research interests include academic entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial learning and the use of CRM technologies by SMEs. I was recently a Co-Investigator on the £7m GCRF RECIRCULATE project (2017-2020): Driving eco-innovation in Africa: capacity-building for a safe, circular water economy and the £1.7m Entrepreneurship and Innovation work package leader (2017-2020).
- 2017-21 ESRC: GCRF RECIRCULATE: Driving eco-innovation in Africa: capacity building for a safe circular water economy, with Paul, N. (PI), Rufino, M., Dodd, I., Semple, K., Roy, M., Jack, S., Pickup, R., Alcock, R., Fogg, H., Martin, A., Ansa-Asare, O., Ezemonye, L. and Ansah, G. Leader of Work Package 1: Innovation and Entrepreneurship (£1,700,000) £6,800,000.
- 2016-17 NERC: DTP and CDT ‘added value activities in innovation’, WP: Stimulating Entrepreneurial Thinking for Scientists (SETS) Programme, as PI with Larty, J. and Zozimo, R. £69,000.
- 2015-18 Higher Education Academy: National Teaching Fellowship Scheme, as PI. £10,000.
- 2014-15 EEUK: Bridging the Gap between Higher Education and Further Education Enterprise Educators, with Jones, S. (PI) and Simmons, E. £5,000.
- 2012-13 ESRC: Sharing and building university and business perspectives of how to enable high growth in small firms ES/K000780/1, with Martin, L. (PI), and Schofield, C. £64,000.
- 2008-10 KTP Award: A strategic organisation-wide project to improve management capability by researching, developing and implementing performance management systems and delivering cultural change KTP7135, as PI with Taylor, M. £112,000.
- 2007-10 ESRC: Knowledge and technology transfer, innovation and competitive advantage: Past and present ES/E019560/1, with Rose, M. (PI), Jack, S. and Robinson, S. £267,000
- 2006-08 EPSRC: Lancaster Centre for E-Management and E-Science EP/D055555/1, [5% FTE] with Crouchley, R. (PI), Blair, G., Brown, D., Coulson, G. and Hutchison, D. £207,000.
- 2006-07 EPSRC: InfoLab21 Knowledge Transfer Study, as PI. £20,000.
- 2005-06 Lancaster University: The process of ICT innovation and technology transfer: a small firm perspective, as PI. £4,000.
- 2003-06 KTP Award: The use of soft systems methodology (SSM) in the implementation of customer relationship management (CRM) software in SMEs KTP4230, as PI with Brown, D. £103,000.