Area of Expertise
- Graduate transitions to employment
- The ‘graduate labour market’, including the SME context
- Skill development and skill utilisation
- Mixed methods research approaches
Prize And Awards
- Visiting Fellowship
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
PhD, University of Warwick, Institute for Employment Research, ESRC CASE Studentship, Employment Research
MPhil (Distinction), University of Oxford, St Anne’s College, CEELBAS Studentship, Russian and East European Studies
BA (Honours), University of Oxford, St Anne’s College, Economics and Management
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
ONS Accredited Researcher
Member of the Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE)
- 'Virtuous' and 'vicious' circles? Adults' participation in different types of training in the UK and its association with wages
- Luchinskaya Daria, Dickinson Peter
- Social Inclusion Vol 7, pp. 177-201 (2019)
- And...action? Gender, knowledge and inequalities in the UK screen industries
- Eikhof Doris Ruth, Newsinger Jack, Luchinskaya Daria, Aidley Daniela
- Gender, Work and Organisation Vol 26, pp. 840-859 (2019)
- The Adult Skills Gap : Is Falling Investment in UK Adults Stalling Social Mobility?
- Luchinskaya Daria, Dickinson Peter
- Skills Utilisation : Definition, Theories, Approaches and Measures
- Warhurst Christopher, Luchinskaya Daria
- Breaking the cycle : what works in reducing intergenerational worklessness and fragile employment
- Luchinskaya Daria, Green Anne E
- Graduate employability during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Okay-Somerville Belgin, Luchinskaya Daria, Anderson Pauline, Hurrell Scott, Scholarios Dora
- SAGE Handbook of Graduate Employability (2022) (2022)
At WEO I teach on a range of courses, including Human Resource Management, organisational behaviour and research methods, specialising in skill development and utilisation, transitions to employment, graduate employment, labour markets, research methodology and statistical analysis.
Previously, I have taught introductory mathematical methods and quantitative economics at St Anne’s College, University of Oxford, public policy economics, inequality and labour markets, and research methods for the Department for Continuing Education, University of Oxford, and have supervised undergraduate students’ dissertations from the department of Economics, University of Warwick.
My main research interests are in graduate transitions to employment, skill utilisation and job upgrading, and mixed methods research approaches. I am especially interested in the inequalities in graduate transitions to employment, and in the role of skill development and skill utilisation in relation to graduate employment.
At present, I am working on a comparative research project on the role of work placements in graduate transitions to employment in the UK and Italy, taking into account national education and labour market contexts. My colleagues and I are exploring similarities and differences in the pathways to employment, who benefits and who is marginalised, and furthering the development of an international research network in this area.
Previously, I worked on a variety of projects related to employment and the labour market while at the Warwick Institute for Employment Research, including adults’ participation in training, wider benefits of higher education and diversity in the British screen industries. During my time at Wales Public Services 2025, I worked on public service financing, focusing on healthcare spend in Wales.
- SRHE Employability, Enterprise and Work-based Learning Network: How do different HE institutions address graduate employability?
- From Education to Employment: How Internships and Traineeships are Challenging Labour Regulation
- Unequal opportunities: The role of internships in graduates’ labour market transitions
- Educational Choices in Further and Higher Education
- European Conference on Educational Research
- SRHE Employability, Enterprise and Work-based Learning Network: Tracking Graduate Skills Demand
- Post education job and career choices.
- Luchinskaya, Daria (Researcher) Baldauf, Beate (Principal Investigator) Hunt, Wil (Researcher) Brown, Alan (Researcher)
- With Peter Dickinson, Beate Baldauf, Wil Hunt and Alan Brown. Funded by Department for Education. Project Start Date: 16/04/2018 - Project End Date: 31/07/2018
- 16-Jan-2018 - 31-Jan-2018
- Adult skills - who gets invested in and how has this changed over time?
- Luchinskaya, Daria (Principal Investigator) Dickinson, Peter (Co-investigator)
- With Peter Dickinson. Funded by Social Mobility Commission. Project Start Date: 29/09/2017 - Project End Date: 03/07/2018
- 29-Jan-2017 - 03-Jan-2018
- Diversity in the screen industries
- Eikhof, Doris Ruth (Principal Investigator) Newsinger, Jack (Researcher) Aidley, Daniela (Researcher) Luchinskaya, Daria (Researcher) Banks, Mark (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2016 - 31-Jan-2016
- Assessing Policy Initiatives to Address Intergenerational Worklessness / Fragile Employment
- Luchinskaya, Daria (Researcher) Green, Anne (Principal Investigator)
- Assessing Policy Initiatives to Address Intergenerational Worklessness / Fragile Employment’ (Dec. 2015-Feb. 2016). IER, University of Warwick. Literature review project for the Public Policy Institute for Wales.
- 01-Jan-2015 - 29-Jan-2016
- What works for remote First? Benchmarking best practice to attract, engage and retain talent in FinTech SMEs
- Luchinskaya, Daria (Principal Investigator) Scholarios, Dora (Co-investigator) Anderson, Pauline (Co-investigator) Cunningham, Tayler (Co-investigator) Lipenga, Phindu (Researcher) Cardenas Rubio, Jeisson (Researcher)
- 07-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2023
- Virtually the same thing as in-person internships? Mapping out the virtual internship landscape and exploring intern and employer experience in the UK and Italy (Digit Innovation Fund)
- Luchinskaya, Daria (Principal Investigator) Scholarios, Dora (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2023