Jill MacBryde is Professor of Innovation and Operations Management at Strathclyde University where she is also Director of the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship. Jill is Co-Director of the ESRC Made Smarter Network Plus, “InterAct” network, which aims to bring insights from the social sciences to support the innovation and diffusion of digital technologies that will result in a stronger, more resilient, manufacturing base.
The theme throughout Jill’s work is operations management in changing environments and her current research projects include productivity in manufacturing, the impact of Covid on UK manufacturing, and the future of manufacturing work.
Jill also works with policy makers and the public sector. She is currently a member of the Innovate UK/ESRC Innovation Caucus and a member of the Innovate UK Future Flight Advisory Board.
- InterAct Annual Conference, London - Organising and hosting (with Co-Director)
- Invited to talk to EPSRC Industry Forum (top funders) on the importance of non-engineering research
- Competitive Advantage in the Digital Economy CADE 20222
- Chris Courtney
- Scottish Government (External organisation)
- R&D Management Conference 2020 (Event)
More professional activities
- KTP - Coolside Ltd. Project will embed knowledge to enable product lifecycle optimisation and carbon footprint reduction through the design and manufacture of products from recycled polymer-materials.
- Sillars, Fiona (Principal Investigator) Liggat, John (Co-investigator) MacBryde, Jillian (Co-investigator) Marrocco, Tiziana (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2023 - 30-Jan-2025
- Development of an Intelligent Scheduling System to Optimise the Sustainability Measures in Multi-disciplinary Engineering Projects (SRPE contribution)
- Wong, Andy TC (Principal Investigator) MacBryde, Jillian (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2022 - 31-Jan-2026
- KTP 13315 - Alba Facilities Services Limited. The project will embed expertise in business process management and embed cultural change throughout the organisation.
- Smith, Marisa (Principal Investigator) Casulli, Lucrezia (Co-investigator) MacBryde, Jillian (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2022 - 31-Jan-2024
- Care & Equity - Logistics UAS Scotland Phase 3 (CAELUS 2) (Future Flight Challenge)
- Fossati, Marco (Principal Investigator) Akartunali, Kerem (Co-investigator) Cashmore, Michael (Co-investigator) Irvine, James (Co-investigator) MacBryde, Jillian (Co-investigator) Maddock, Christie (Co-investigator) Patelli, Edoardo (Co-investigator) Tapinos, Efstathios (Co-investigator) Vasile, Massimiliano (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2022 - 30-Jan-2024
- KTP - Renewable Parts Ltd. Remanufacturing, metrology, assessment and evaluation of end-of-life-turbines for the renewables sector.
- Marrocco, Tiziana (Principal Investigator) Butler, David (Co-investigator) MacBryde, Jillian (Co-investigator) Sillars, Fiona (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2022 - 31-Jan-2024
- Made Smarter Network+
- MacBryde, Jillian (Principal Investigator) Lindsay, Colin (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2024
Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
University of Strathclyde
in a larger map