Charles MacLeod is a Chancellor's Fellow and Lecturer in the Centre for Ultrasonic Engineering. After being awarded a Masters in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with Distinction at Strathclyde, Charles then went on to undertake a PhD in Automated Non–Destructive Evaluation.
His research is primarily associated with the inspection and manufacturing enhancement of high value assets and components. He leads a number of high-profile inter-disciplinary in-process welding and metal additive research projects.
While undertaking his PhD Charles, was seconded to Spirit AeroSystems, in Prestwick to undertake Knowledge Exchange activities built on fundamental EPSRC funded research. Charles was awarded the prestigious University of Strathclyde EPSRC Doctoral Prize for 2014, for his work investigating automated non-contact ultrasound.
His research interests include:
Sensors including Ultrasonic, Electromagnetic, Tactile and Visual
Low noise electronics.
Charles has delivered impact in the form of dissemination, new revenue, commercialisation and product hardware through a number of high profile KE projects.
EE312 Instrumentation and Microcontrollers Lectures, Laboratories and Tutorials.
- IEEE international ultrasound symposium (IUS) 2019
- BINDT MT 2019
- QNDE - TRL Transducer Design
- QNDE Presentation - WAAM Inspection
- QNDE - In-Process Weld Inspection
- New Nuclear Manufacturing NNUMAN Review - Invited Talk
more professional activities
- Doctoral Training Partnership 2018-19 University of Strathclyde | Zimermann, Rastislav
- MacLeod, Charles Norman (Principal Investigator) Gachagan, Anthony (Co-investigator) Zimermann, Rastislav (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 01-Jan-2022
- Insptectahire - OGIC
- Dobie, Gordon (Principal Investigator) MacLeod, Charles Norman (Co-investigator)
- 03-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2020
- New Wire Additive Manufacture- NEWAM
- Pierce, Gareth (Principal Investigator) Gachagan, Anthony (Co-investigator) MacLeod, Charles Norman (Co-investigator)
- 25-Jan-2018 - 24-Jan-2023
- OGTC Robotics Vessel Inspection
- Dobie, Gordon (Principal Investigator) Gachagan, Anthony (Co-investigator) MacLeod, Charles Norman (Co-investigator) Pierce, Gareth (Co-investigator) Yan, Xiu (Co-investigator) Yang, Erfu (Co-investigator)
- 20-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2021
- ANRC 012-01_Ultrasonic Inspection and Monitoring for Challenging Industrial Welding Applications_CORE
- MacLeod, Charles Norman (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2021
- Acoustic Based Characterisation of arc fusion process control parameters
- MacLeod, Charles Norman (Principal Investigator) Dobie, Gordon (Co-investigator) Gachagan, Anthony (Co-investigator) Mulholland, Anthony (Co-investigator) Pierce, Gareth (Co-investigator) Stratoudaki, Theodosia (Co-investigator) Tant, Katherine Margaret Mary (Co-investigator)
- 02-Jan-2018 - 30-Jan-2020
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Technology Innovation Centre
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map