I am a chemical engineer with PhD and postdoctoral research experience in membrane technology and materials science (Low Carbon Technology and Nanostructured Materials). I am originally from Portugal and I've been working in Scotland since 2008, first at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen and now at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow.
My research background is quite eclectic and encompasses subjects such as synthesis, characterization and application of membranes, green composites, energy efficiency, rheology, computational fluid dynamics and mass transfer modelling.
I am particularly interested in the following research topics:
- mixed matrix hollow fibre membranes for carbon capture
- composite biomaterials with enhanced biocompatibility and mechanical strength
- rheology and fluid flow of suspensions and polymer solutions
- VWS Westgarth Ltd Tensile Testing
- Magueijo, Vitor (Principal Investigator) Costa, Alexandra (Researcher)
- 27-Jan-2018 - 06-Jan-2018
- Danish Collaboration
- Shilton, Simon (Principal Investigator) Magueijo, Vitor (Co-investigator)
- ASSEMBLY: Reverse engineering the cell wall for high-performance bio-composites
- 01-Jan-2016 - 01-Jan-2020
Chemical and Process Engineering
James Weir Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map