I am a Chancellor's Fellow at the Department of Management Science. My research is interdisciplinary and focuses on modelling to improve decision-making in healthcare policy, utilizing tools and methodologies from mathematical epidemiology, economics, and computer science, among other areas.
My main body of work integrates disease and economic models for policy impact evaluation, and I have developed infectious and non-communicable disease models, including a pneumococcal disease model for the Global Antibiotic Resistance Partnership (GARP) and agent-based models (ABMs) integrating population, healthcare, economic, and disease dynamics for the Disease Control Priorities (DPC-3) project. In addition to continuing my work on the economics of healthcare interventions in low- and middle-income countries, I have done work on valuation of antibiotics for DRIVE-AB, an Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) funded project investigating mechanisms to encourage research and development of new antibiotics and to promote their global access and sustainable use. My other research interests include using game-theoretic models to study the impact of behaviour by individuals and actors facing healthcare decisions.
I am also affiliated with the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics, and Policy in Washington, DC, where I am a Fellow. I have a PhD in Management Science, focusing on modelling for healthcare policy, from the University of Strathclyde and an MA in economics and BA honours economics from McGill University, in Montreal.
- IMA Festival of Mathematics and its Applications
- What is the value of a novel antibiotic? Models of withholding use.
- The option value of antibiotics
- The option vlaue of antibiotics (in the context of market pull-mechanisms)
- Low Carbon Energy for Development Network/University of Strathclyde Conference on Access and Waste: The Two Sides of the Low Carbon Coin
- Strathclyde - University of Ghana Workshop
more professional activities
- Assessment of cardiovascular diseases risk profile and management in HIV-infected patients in Kenya: A local situation analysis to inform future development of quality improvement interventions
- Kurdi, Amanj (Principal Investigator) ACHIENG, Loice (Principal Investigator) Bennie, Marion (Co-investigator) Godman, Brian (Co-investigator) Kavanagh, Kimberley (Co-investigator) Megiddo, Itamar (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2020
- STRAthclyde Diversity in Data LinkagE (STRADDLE) Doctoral Training Centre
- Barry, Sarah (Co-investigator) Kavanagh, Kimberley (Co-investigator) Megiddo, Itamar (Co-investigator) Murray, Paul (Co-investigator) Rattray, Nicholas (Co-investigator)
- The focus of the STRAthclyde Diversity in Data LinkagE (STRADDLE) DTC is to develop a centre of excellence in the linkage and analysis of data across disciplines. With an initial focus on health and healthcare delivery, STRADDLE will deliver linkage and innovative analysis of data from the molecular to population level, to achieve new insights and to maximize the value of health research data. There are 3 fully funded, 3.5 year PhD studentships are available to highly motivated UK and EU students. Successful applicants will be trained as the next generation of data scientists and develop skills and know how to deliver on the integration of diverse clinical data types – from molecules to man to populations.
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2023
- Extension: Mathematical Modelling of a Novel Autodissemination Trap.
- Greenhalgh, David (Principal Investigator) Megiddo, Itamar (Co-investigator)
- £10,343 extension to our Scottish Funding Council (SFC) Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Escalator Fund. Three extra months RA effort.
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2019
- Operationalising Universal Health Coverage for Non-Communicable Diseases in Ghana
- Megiddo, Itamar (Principal Investigator) Colson, Abigail (Co-investigator) van der Meer, Robert (Co-investigator) Kurdi, Amanj (Co-investigator) Morton, Alec (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 01-Jan-2019
- Mathematical Modelling of a Novel Autodissemination Mosquito Trap
- Greenhalgh, David (Principal Investigator) Megiddo, Itamar (Co-investigator) Liang, Yanfeng (Researcher) Wells, Jonathan (Researcher) Massad, Eduardo (Research Co-investigator) Lee, H. (Research Co-investigator) Nazni, Wasi Ahmad (Research Co-investigator) Teoh, Guat-ney (Research Co-investigator) Ahmad Mohiddin, M. N. (Research Co-investigator) Hidayatul, Fathi Othman (Research Co-investigator) Bahauddin, R. (Research Co-investigator)
- £49,988 award for an internally allocated 2018 Scottish Funding Council (SFC) Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Escalator Fund with Dr. I. Megiddo, Management Science. Awarded June 2018. DG PI 80% share. Funding for two RAs for 10 months in total, plus staff time plus conference travel. Finance Office Budget Code SFC 1204-125.
- 01-Jan-2018 - 31-Jan-2019
- Responsive Operational Research Facility (Full Stage)
- Colson, Abigail (Principal Investigator) Morton, Alec (Principal Investigator) Megiddo, Itamar (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 31-Jan-2021
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map