- Modelling reforms to social security
- Weekly update – A review of our latest economic commentary [Podcast] EP70
- Economic inactivity and ill-health in Scotland
- Brownbag Seminar: Nowcasting household income using FRS and LFS data
- Invited speaker
- Scottish Government labour market policy evidence programme
- Understanding the impact of Covid-19 on household income
More professional activities
- Understanding the impact of Covid-19 on income: labour market changes and policy solutions
- Congreve, Emma (Principal Investigator) Randolph, Hannah (Researcher)
- Scotland needs an accurate picture of the distribution of household incomes post-pandemic in order to examine the impact of the pandemic on household incomes and to assess the effectiveness of policy to tackle these issues. However, comprehensive data on household incomes has a lag of at least a year (we are still waiting on data to be released for the first year of the pandemic 2020-21). This proposal aims to fill this gap by providing estimates of household incomes at the start of the financial year 2022-23. There are two strands proposed to this work:
1. To provide an updated snapshot of household incomes to compare to pre-pandemic levels by different household type, age, and other characteristics of interest (subject to sample limitations).
2. To model a small number (to be agreed with the Learning and Evaluation Group) of policies using the new snapshot to compare impact and cost.
- 01-Jan-2022 - 30-Jan-2022