Chancellor's Fellow and Lecturer
My field of expertise lies in the characterization of biologics and nanomedicine formulation attributes and in vivo performance using traditional and novel analytical approaches.
Areas of interest are summarized as follows;
- Understanding environmental and physicochemical determinants of solution-phase formulation stability.
- Determining key critical quality attributes in particle design to inform optimal in vivo performance.
- Evaluation of nanomedicine interaction with biological media, and the mechanism of cellular uptake in two- and three-dimensional cellular models.
- Applying novel imaging modalities for evaluating drug and nanoparticle biodistribution, and impact on tumor response.
- The interplay between the tumour microenvironment and nanomedicine in vivo performance with a view to developing biorelevant in vitro tests.
I am passionate about improving access to education, achievement and realizing potential for young budding scientists and am open to local STEM and healthcare-related widening participation initiatives.