Our research expertise is in particle engineering and nanostructured materials, with focus on design of novel particulate products and efficient processes for their manufacturing, across a wide range of applications from nucleation and crystallisation, to protein and peptide self-assembly, to organic gels and nanocomposites.
Our research in pharmaceutical manufacturing aligned with CMAC seeks to enhance access to medicines by increasing quality and reducing costs with the aim improving people’s health and wellbeing.
We develop experimental workflows for product and process development of particulate systems for pharmaceutical applications to obtain better control of critical quality attributes in medicines manufacturing.
We also develop new methods for extracting valuable real time information from process analytical tools such as imaging and scattering/backscattering to enable intelligent decision support for monitoring and control of particulate systems and processes, including fouling detection and accurate quantitative estimates of particle shape and size distributions from in situ measurements.
- Multi-sensor Measurements For Quantitative Particle Size And Concentration
- Integrated Filtration and Washing Modelling to Predict Continuous Isolation Performance.
- Multi-sensor in situ measurements of particle size, shape and concentration
- 8th World Congress on Particle Technology
- Particle Measurement in Process
- 15th Scandinavian Symposium on Chemometrics
More professional activities
- The birth of crystals: new understanding of nucleation by direct measurement
- Haw, Mark (Principal Investigator) Lue, Leo (Co-investigator) Sefcik, Jan (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2023
- Doctoral Training Partnership 2020-2021 University of Strathclyde | Anker, Samira
- Johnston, Karen (Principal Investigator) Sefcik, Jan (Co-investigator) Anker, Samira (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 01-Jan-2024
- Catching nucleation in action using surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy
- Johnston, Karen (Principal Investigator) Faulds, Karen (Co-investigator) Sefcik, Jan (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 30-Jan-2023
- Doctoral Training Partnership 2018-19 University of Strathclyde | Flannigan, James
- Haw, Mark (Principal Investigator) Sefcik, Jan (Co-investigator) Flannigan, James (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 01-Jan-2023
- RI@S funded summer project
- Johnston, Karen (Principal Investigator) Haw, Mark (Co-investigator) Sefcik, Jan (Co-investigator)
- RI@S funded summer project for Mohammad Talha Dar
- 10-Jan-2019 - 05-Jan-2019
- Doctoral Training Partnership 2018-19 University of Strathclyde | Merrilees, Martyn
- Lau, K. H. Aaron (Principal Investigator) Sefcik, Jan (Co-investigator) Merrilees, Martyn (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2018 - 01-Jan-2022
Chemical and Process Engineering
James Weir Building
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map