Prizes and awards
- Global engagements Funding
- SUPA Short Term Visits Funding
- Fellow of the Higher Education Award
More prizes and awards
I have been heavily involved in teaching at varying capacities and have been accredited as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
I also work heavily on outreach programmes to break down complex concepts and communicate them effectively to the public. I have spoken at secondary schools to motivate and engage students in the potential of quantum technologies and led the development of animation to highlight the importance of satellite quantum communications, which featured in the UK National Quantum Technologies Showcase and the UK Quantum Communications Hub website.
I am the Science Faculty Representative to the public engagement at the University of Strathclyde and have been working to implement strategic goals towards the university's ambitious 2025 Vision.
My research interest is at the intersection of quantum information theory and practical devices that can be implemented. I have worked on:
1. understanding and developing finite key analyses for quantum key distribution,
2. developing efficient routing protocols for quantum resources towards a long-term quantum internet through distributed technologies,
3. determining fundamental precision limits for quantum metrology and sensing,
4. working towards practical quantum receivers that can be implemented in the laboratory and can outperform existing receivers.
I am also interested in researching how methods in quantum computing can be used to provide robust quantum estimation procedures.
- Careers in Quantum Technologies: Communications - Secondary School Assembly
- Quantum receivers for phase-shift keying at low powers
- Quantum information Processing
- Practical advances in quantum information theory
- Animation on Satellite-based quantum communications
- Encoding practical devices for realisable state discrimination
More professional activities