As a neurodivergent (/autistic) researcher with a focus on the molecular mechanisms of neurodiversity, my top three research interests include:
- Examining the mechanosensitivity of connective tissues, particularly in the central nervous system.
- Investigating fluid mechanics at the micro scale and its impact on tissue development.
- Examining the cell-material interface for potential organoid engineering applications.
Other areas of interest that did not make it to the top three include:
- Evaluating the potential for nature-based design using micro-organisms.
- Improving our understanding of tissue and biofilm development.
- Re-examining the definition of composite organisms and their relationship with the environment.
With a background in fine art, design, engineering, and science, I am always open to engaging in thought-provoking conversations, regardless of whether your research interests align with mine.
- University Of Strathclyde (Organisational unit)
- StrathWide 2022
- StrathWide 2021
More professional activities
- Developing novel non-invasive mechanosensitive toolkits for diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos syndromes
- Domingo-Roca, Roger (Principal Investigator) Witte, Kimia (Principal Investigator) Williams, Jonathan (Principal Investigator) Macente, Alice (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2022 - 01-Jan-2023
- Modelling the interkingdom dynamics between microbial communities in response to climate change
- Baxter, Katherine (Co-investigator) Witte, Kimia (Co-investigator) Clark, Ruaridh (Co-investigator) Keating, Ciara (Co-investigator)
- Topsoil microbial communities are key components of biogeochemical cycles and food production. This work looks to investigate the effect of elevated temperature on the dynamics of the soil microbial community from a Scottish Temperate Rainforest, and will use bioinformatics and environmental data to understand the effect of climate change on the network of microbial interactions. The project will also enhance public awareness through the creation of an interactive virtual map for schools and public display.
- 01-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2022
- Mapping the spectrum: Creating the stiffness and elasticity spectrum of central nerve system’s extracellular matrix of individuals on the autism spectrum
- Witte, Kimia (Principal Investigator) Mueller, Tanja (Co-investigator) Lu, Szu-Ching (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2021 - 30-Jan-2022
- De(Sci)gn e-magazine, VisNET Collaboration Fellowship
- Witte, Kimia (Principal Investigator)
- 10-Jan-2021 - 10-Jan-2021
- Development of a bio-interface for engineered growth of lichens as carbon-efficient coating for existing concrete facades
- Witte, Kimia (Principal Investigator) Salifu, Emmanuel (Co-investigator) Gutteridge, Fiona (Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2020 - 30-Jan-2021
University of Strathclyde
in a larger map