Dr Hong Yue works at the Wind Energy and Control Centre, Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde. She joined the University in 2007, having previously worked as a researcher at Manchester University and an associate professor at the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Her research interests are modelling, control and optimisation for complex systems.
Dr. Hong Yue teaches a range of control relevant modules for students at undergraduate, MSc and PhD levels. She's been course registrar and/or lecturer for the following modules.
- EM501, 5th year EME Group Project Coordinator (2014 - present)
- EE472/EE972, Control Principles (2011 - present), for final year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE582/EE982, Control Techniques (2011 - present), for 5th-year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE960 (formerly EE9X3), Wind Turbine Control (2010 - present), for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems.
- EE984, Wind Turbine Control (2013 - present), for MSc students in Wind Energy.
- Matlab/Simulink training for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems (2009 - 2011)
- Automatic Control Technology (2012 - present), for undergraduate students at '2+2' partner university, Shanghai University of Electric Power, Shanghai, China.
- EE905, Control of Industrial Processes (2008-2011), for final year undergraduate students and MSc students.
- EE909, Computer Control Systems Methods (2008-2009), for MSc students.
- 19370/19268, Integrating Study (2007-2011), supervision of students’ hands-on lab sessions for control systems design.
- Engineering Analysis (2007-2008), for final year undergraduate students.
- Modelling and control of complex systems including chemical and biochemical engineering processes, biological systems, wind energy systems, robotic systems.
- Model-based systems analysis such as local and global sensitivity analysis, bifurcation analysis, uncertainty analysis mainly for biological and biochemical networks.
- Optimal and robust experimental design for data-based model calibration and validation.
- 2019 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine
- Airborne Wind Energy Conference 2019
- 25th IEEE International Conference on Automation and Computing
- Pedro Albertos
- Optimising the utilisation of sub-sea cables in offshore wind farm collector networks using energy storage
- The 15th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation
More professional activities
- Sustainable impact by design: a pilot study of effective STEM dissemination for hard-to-reach audiences
- Essex, Jane (Principal Investigator) Gonzalez-Longo, Cristina (Co-investigator) Li, Rui (Co-investigator) Somorin, Tosin (Co-investigator) Hendry, Martyn (Co-investigator) Yue, Hong (Co-investigator) Maddock, Christie (Co-investigator) Ivaturi, Aruna (Co-investigator) Egea Alvarez, Agusti (Co-investigator) Cunningham, Margaret Rose (Co-investigator)
- STEM Equals and RKES funding £10,000
- 01-Jan-2021 - 31-Jan-2021
- ELEMENT (Effective Lifetime Extension in the Marine Environment for Tidal Energy)
- McDonald, Alasdair (Principal Investigator) Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator) McDonald, Alasdair (Co-investigator) Payne, Gregory (Co-investigator)
- ELEMENT (Effective Lifetime Extension in the Marine Environment for Tidal Energy) (H2020 LC-SC3-RES-11-2018; Proposal number: SEP-210492808)
- 01-Jan-2019 - 31-Jan-2022
- Investigation of the novel challenges of an integrated offshore multi-purpose platform
- Collu, Maurizio (Principal Investigator) Kalathiparambil Abeendranath, Abhinav (Researcher) Xu, Xue (Researcher) Leithead, Bill (Co-investigator) Anaya-Lara, Olimpo (Co-investigator) Yue, Hong (Co-investigator) Recalde Camacho, Luis (Researcher)
- 03-Jan-2017 - 02-Jan-2020
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC) Innovation Voucher Scheme: Development of Airborne Wind Energy System with Rotary Kite Design
- Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2017 - 31-Jan-2017
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Future Power Networks and Smart Grids | Grieve, Nicola Jane
- Leithead, Bill (Principal Investigator) Yue, Hong (Co-investigator) Grieve, Nicola Jane (Research Co-investigator)
- 01-Jan-2016 - 01-Jan-2021
- EPSRC Institutional Sponsorship: Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) / R160677-107
- Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator)
- 01-Jan-2016 - 31-Jan-2017
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map