Hong Yue is a Senior Lecturer at the Industrial Control Centre, Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering at the University of Strathclyde. She joined the University in 2007, having previously worked as a researcher at Manchester University and an associate professor at the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Her areas of expertise are control engineering and systems biology with particular focus on dynamic systems modelling, systems analysis and advanced controller design for complex systems and industrial processes. Dr. Yue is actively involved with national and international control research committees including IFAC Technical Committee on Chemical Process Control, IFAC Technical Committee on Biosystems and Bioprocesses. She’s a regular referee for top international journals and a committee member for around 40 international conferences.
Dr. Hong Yue teaches a range of control relevant modules for students at undergraduate, MSc and PhD levels. She's been course registrar and/or lecturer for the following modules.
- EM501, 5th year EME Group Project Coordinator (2014 - present)
- EE472/EE972, Control Principles (2011 - present), for final year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE582/EE982, Control Techniques (2011 - present), for 5th-year undergraduate and MSc students.
- EE960 (formerly EE9X3), Wind Turbine Control (2010 - present), for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems.
- EE984, Wind Turbine Control (2013 - present), for MSc students in Wind Energy.
- Matlab/Simulink training for PhD students at EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind Energy Systems (2009 - 2011)
- Automatic Control Technology (2012 - present), for undergraduate students at '2+2' partner university, Shanghai University of Electric Power, Shanghai, China.
- EE905, Control of Industrial Processes (2008-2011), for final year undergraduate students and MSc students.
- EE909, Computer Control Systems Methods (2008-2009), for MSc students.
- 19370/19268, Integrating Study (2007-2011), supervision of students’ hands-on lab sessions for control systems design.
- Engineering Analysis (2007-2008), for final year undergraduate students.
- Modelling and control of complex systems including chemical and biochemical engineering processes, biological systems, wind energy systems, robotic systems.
- Model-based systems analysis such as local and global sensitivity analysis, bifurcation analysis, uncertainty analysis mainly for biological and biochemical networks.
- Optimal and robust experimental design for data-based model calibration and validation.
- IFAC 12th Dynamics and Control of Process Systems, including Biosystems
- Xu Chen
- The 24th International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC'18)
- 26th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation
- 37th Chinese Control Conference
- Yingxiang Wang
more professional activities
- Optimal experimental design for (bio-)chemical processes (Hui Yu)
- Halling, Peter (Co-investigator) Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2012 - 30-Apr-2018
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC) Innovation Voucher Scheme: Development of Airborne Wind Energy System with Rotary Kite Design
- Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Feb-2017 - 31-Jul-2017
- EPSRC Institutional Sponsorship: Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) / R160677-107
- Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator)
- Period 01-Jun-2016 - 31-Mar-2017
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind & Marine Energy Systems | Grieve, Nicola Jane
- Leithead, William (Principal Investigator) Yue, Hong (Co-investigator) Grieve, Nicola Jane (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2016 - 01-Oct-2020
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Wind & Marine Energy Systems | Tulloch, Oliver
- Yue, Hong (Principal Investigator) Feuchtwang, Julian (Co-investigator) Tulloch, Oliver (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2015 - 01-Jan-2020
- An EPSRC Life Sciences Interface Doctoral Training Centre for Medical Devices | Banger, Matthew
- Rowe, Philip (Principal Investigator) Yue, Hong (Co-investigator) Banger, Matthew (Research Co-investigator)
- Period 01-Oct-2009 - 07-Jun-2018
Electronic and Electrical Engineering
View University of Strathclyde in a larger map