Glasgow city centre at dusk. View from the Livingstone Tower

AccommodationPrivate accommodation

Glasgow is a large city and there is lots of accommodation available. The city centre location of the University of Strathclyde makes it easy to travel to/from any part of the city.

Traditional private accommodation

The Advice Hub at the StrathUnion has lots of advice on their housing pages to help you find the right place and know what to do if anything doesn’t go to plan. Staff there are always on hand to help.

The Advice Hub House Hunting Starter Guide

If possible, you should try and spend some time in Glasgow during the summer vacation to familiarise yourself with the city outwith the campus and have a look at several properties before making a decision. If you can't do this, remember to bring enough money to pay for temporary accommodation for when you first arrive in Glasgow, while you look for somewhere to stay. Do not pay money to a landlord via the internet unless you have checked the person is registered as landlord of the property.

Students with families

We don't have any University accommodation that's suitable for families or couples but if you're coming to study with us and you're bringing with you your family or spouse/partner, The Advice Hub can help you find accommodation for the duration of your studies. 

Privately run student accommodation

There are a number of privately run Purpose Built Student Accommodation residences in the city centre which provide en-suite rooms within a cluster flat and/or studio accommodation. 

Some things to consider:

  • The length of contract you require;
  • The cost of the full length of the contract, not just the price per week;
  • What happens if you were to withdraw from your course, are you still liable for the rent until the end of the contract period;
  • The mix of students in residence and in your flat: students from other Universities/Colleges in Glasgow; Undergraduate/Postgraduate/college students;
  • What support is available?

Search for University accommodation

Visit The Advice Hub at StrathUnion housing pages