The BSc (Hons) IT: Management for Business degree is a bespoke four-year Graduate Apprenticeship programme which will develop apprentices’ knowledge, skills, competencies and professional behaviours.
The degree is designed in partnership with employers in different industry sectors and we work closely with Chartered Management Institute CMI looking at options for professional recognition.
There are four key content areas which make up the IT: Management for Business Graduate Apprenticeship:
- Personal and interpersonal skills
- Project and delivery management
Fully funded by the Scottish Government through Scottish Funding Council and SAAS, Graduate Apprenticeships develop your workforce by combining the latest academic learning with experience in the workplace.
During Years 1 and 2 of the degree learners will study core modules addressing Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Computer Networks , Ethical Governance, Business Finance and Financial Services, Managing People for Performance and Innovation. In addition, learners will work closely with work-based assessors and mentors to enable them to apply their academic knowledge within their work context.
Years 3 and 4 are designed to develop higher level knowledge, professional competencies and transferable skills via Project Management, Business Analysis and Technology Fundamentals , Software Engineering, Strategy, Risk and Scenario Planning and extensive work-based Integrated Business Project with real value to the employer.
Employer benefits of Graduate Apprenticeships
- enables employers to fast-track the time required for graduates to reach optimal productivity
- designed for a diverse and geographically remote learner population whilst offering an individualised learning experience including individualised learning plans and dedicated support from personal development tutors, work-based mentors and academics
- dedicated delivery team who listen, understand and work with employers to offer a fully integrated, contextualised BA (Hons) degree delivered through an online and blended work-based learning mode including regular attendance at our city centre-based campus
We have a flexible admissions approach and applications will be considered on an individual basis with input from employers. Applicants typically will have 4 Highers (minimum B grades) including Mathematics and English.
How to apply
Please contact IT Programme Director Alex Coddington firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The MSc Cyber Security has been fully certified by the National Cyber Security Centre.
The certification means the programme meets the criteria defined for Scottish Graduate Apprenticeship Master’s Degrees providing a General Foundation in Cyber Security.
Find apprenticeship job opportunities
Graduate Apprenticeships are supported by Skills Development Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council.
They were developed in partnership with industry and the higher education sectors, with support from the European Social Fund.