The Doctoral Researchers' Group is a platform for all doctoral students across all Faculties, who aim to represent the PhD Community. It provides a direct line of engagement and communication between Strathclyde’s postgraduate researchers and the University management committees.
DRG representatives attend the meetings of the Strathclyde Doctoral School Management Board (SDSMB), the Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee (RKEC) and the Research Development Sub-Committe (RDSC).
The group also ensures that the needs of all the PG reseachers are heard and catered for by the University management.
The Doctoral Researchers' Group focuses on:
- promoting cross-faculty events and training for postgraduate researchers
- communicating the interests, successes and constraints of postgraduate researcher life
- inputing creative ideas and new approaches to influencing support, training and impact opportunities
- establishing peer to peer support frameworks
- sharing good practice
- informing institutional policy development
Being a PhD student at the University of Strathclyde makes you an automatic member of this group, and we are always welcoming new members to come along and have their say at our meetings. If you're interested in joining the group, please get in touch.
Doctoral Researchers Group members come from all Faculties and have a variety of backgrounds, expertise, and interests.
The Doctoral Researchers Group has three chairs; the overall chair, a co-chair and an outgoing chair to ensure consistency of support and direction.
Seven committees have been established to allow for a spread of resources and focus. These are:
- Social Media Committee
- Administrative Committee
- Doctoral Researchers Group Rep Committee
- Events Committee
- DSMS Committee
- Funding Committee