- Opens: Friday 18 June 2021
- Deadline: Friday 16 July 2021
- Number of places: 10
- Duration: PhD/EdD: 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time; MPhil/MRes: 1 year full-time
- Funding: International fee, Home fee
OverviewAs part of its longstanding commitment to growing its population of excellent postgraduate researchers, the University is offering a number of Global Research Awards. These awards will cover the full tuition fee for International and UK postgraduate research students, with a start date of 1 October 2021. The awards will apply for each year of study, up to a maximum of three years for full-time study or six years for part-time study.
Please note the following academic criteria:
- Candidates must demonstrate an excellent academic record. For Doctoral study, this should comprise a First-Class undergraduate degree (or equivalent); and/or a relevant Master’s degree with Merit/Distinction, and/or evidence of equivalent achievement. (Students with an Upper Second Class degree (or equivalent) and a Masters, with an outstanding proposal, may also apply).
- MPhil and MRes applicants are only required to have an undergraduate degree at First or Upper Second Class.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong research potential (evidenced by the research proposal and academic references) and a clear fit between their research interests and the research strengths of one of the Schools and/or subject areas in the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
The first step is to complete a successful application for admission.
Prospective students who receive and accept an offer of admission will be eligible to apply for a Global Research Award. Prospective students can apply for this award if they are self-funded. These scholarships cannot be combined with any other Strathclyde University award.
To apply for this award you must submit a brief personal statement (max. 300 words) along with your CV, research proposal and transcripts to email@example.com by the closing date below. The statement should explain why you are applying for the Global Research Award and your suitability for postgraduate research studies.
Study modes & duration
PhD/EdD: 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
MPhil/MRes: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Applications must be submitted by 16th July 2021
- You will only be considered for the award if you have submitted the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date
- Successful applicants will be notified by 6th August 2021
- Students must start their studies on 1st October 2021 (or 13th September 2021 for EdD studies)
You should investigate potential supervisors via the subject links below.
After completing a successful online application in one of the subjects listed below, you must submit a brief personal statement (maximum of 300 words) along with your CV, research proposal and transcripts to email@example.com.
The statement should explain why you are applying for the Global Research Award and your suitability for postgraduate research studies.