- Opens: Thursday 12 May 2022
- Deadline: Friday 15 July 2022
- Number of places: 10
- Duration: PhD/EdD: 3 yrs FT, 6 yrs PT; MPhil/MRes: 1 yr FT, 2 yrs PT; DEpPsy: 2 yrs
- Funding: International fee, Home fee
OverviewAs part of its longstanding commitment to growing its population of excellent postgraduate researchers, the University is offering a number of Global Research Awards. These awards will cover the full tuition fee for International and UK postgraduate research students, with a start date of 1 October 2022. The awards will apply for each year of study, up to a maximum of 3 years for full-time study or 6 years for part-time study.
Please note the following academic criteria:
- Candidates must demonstrate an excellent academic record. For Doctoral study, this should comprise a First-Class undergraduate degree (or equivalent); and/or a relevant Master’s degree with Merit/Distinction, and/or evidence of equivalent achievement. (Students with an Upper Second Class degree (or equivalent) and a Masters, with an outstanding proposal, may also apply).
- MPhil and MRes applicants are only required to have an undergraduate degree at First or Upper Second Class.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong research potential (evidenced by the research proposal and academic references*) and a clear fit between their research interests and the research strengths of one of the Schools and/or subject areas in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
*The research proposal (not required for EdD applications) should be approximately 1,500 words, covering your background; aims & objectives; summary of methods and timeline of research plus outputs and impact. References are not counted within the word count.
The first step is to complete a successful application for admission.
To begin this process you should identify a potential supervisor for your project from the staff areas of expertise listed on the websites of the respective Schools listed under “How to Apply” from the Graduate School.
You may contact potential supervisors by email to ask if they would be able to supervise your proposed project.
Prospective students who receive and accept an offer of admission will be eligible to apply for a Global Research Award. Prospective students can apply for this award if they are self-funded. These scholarships cannot be combined with any other Strathclyde University award.
To apply for this award you must submit a brief personal statement (max. 300 words) along with your CV, research proposal (as submitted to your online application) and transcripts to email@example.com by the closing date below. The statement should explain why you are applying for the Global Research Award and your suitability for postgraduate research studies.
Study modes & duration
PhD/EdD: 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
DEdPsy: – 2 years full-time
MPhil/MRes: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Applications must be submitted by 15 July 2022
- You'll only be considered for the award if you have submitted the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date
- Successful applicants will be notified by 5 August 2022
- Students must start their studies on 1 October 2022 (or 12 September 2022 for EdD studies)
You should investigate potential supervisors via the subject links below.
After completing a successful online application in one of the subjects listed below, you must submit a brief personal statement (maximum of 300 words) along with your CV, research proposal (as submitted to your online application) and transcripts to email@example.com.
The statement should explain why you are applying for the Global Research Award and your suitability for postgraduate research studies.
- Applied Linguistics
- Creative Writing
- Doctorate of Education
- Educational Psychology
- Gender Studies
- Journalism, Media & Communication
- Modern languages
- Public Health & Health Policy
- Physical activity for health
- Social work & social policy
- Speech & language therapy
Number of places: 10
To read how we process personal data, applicants can review our 'Privacy Notice for Student Applicants and Potential Applicants' on our Privacy notices' web page.