Postgraduate taughtVisa requirements

Visa requirements for international students

Do I need a visa for the UK?

If you're a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland, you don't need Entry Clearance (a visa) to travel to the UK. You can travel freely through EEA states using your passport or national identity card.

If you're not an EEA national you may need a visa in order to study in the UK. You can find out all you need to know about visas and immigration on our student support web pages.