Applications for most of our postgraduate taught programmes can be made online. Each course page has an apply button for you to start your application.
If you’re applying for postgraduate teacher training courses, such as the PGDE, you must apply through the UCAS undergraduate website.
International students who have not met the direct academic entry requirements for a postgraduate course have the option of studying a Pre-Masters programme at the University of Strathclyde International Study Centre (ISC). Students can then progress to study a Masters degree at the University of Strathclyde. If you do not meet the language conditions for your main degree, there are a few different courses you can take to improve your English language level.
Postgraduate application process
- choose the course you want to apply for – search our postgraduate taught courses
- check the entry requirements for the course on the course page or in the prospectus
- start your application online by clicking on the Apply button on the course page
- submit your application along with all supporting documentation – see our document checklist below. Your application may be delayed if you fail to provide all the required documents
- to help you fill in the application form please read our Applicant Guide to Postgraduate Taught Admissions
- once you’ve submitted your personal information, you’ll receive an email which contains your username and password. Please keep these in a safe place as you’ll need them to progress with your application and view any decisions
- your application will be considered by the relevant selection team. If they need any further information you’ll be contacted
- a decision will be made on your application – we try to make a decision on your application as quickly as possible. In most cases this will be within a minimum of 10 working days (two weeks)
- you’ll receive an email telling you that a decision has been made on your application. You’ll be asked to log in to our online application system (PEGASUS) to view the outcome of your application
There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
We advise you to contact the individual contact named on the course page or in the Postgraduate Prospectus to see if the course you’re interested in has an application deadline.
Your application may be delayed if you fail to provide the following documents (where appropriate):
- certified copies of qualifications you’ve gained, eg degree certificate and transcripts (showing the subjects taken and your grades). If you’re still studying, provide a transcript of your results so far
- if your qualifications are in a language other than English, please provide official translations in addition to the copies of the original documents
- if English is not your first language, please provide a suitable English language test certificate (if appropriate), for example IELTS
- a copy of your passport (if you are a non EU overseas applicant). Your passport is required in order to obtain your Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement which allows you to apply for your Tier 4 visa to study
- a copy of your sponsor letter/scholarship award (if appropriate/available)
- copies of any other documentation to support your application such as a CV, Personal Statement, Portfolio (for certain programmes)