- Number of scholarships: Various
- Value: Various
- Opens: 1 August 2023
- Deadline: 30 June 2024
- Helps with: Living costs, Travel costs
- Duration: One off award
Are you struggling to cover your essential living costs? The Discretionary Fund awards are non - repayable top ups to your standard student support such as student loan. If you are a home student or from the rest of UK you might be eligible for support from the fund.
- The Discretionary fund assessment looks at your income and essential expenditure to see if you have a shortfall between these and if so, can the fund help cover this shortfall. If your shortfall is too large the fund may not be able to help with this because the fund cannot be the main source of income for a student.
- The fund cannot make awards to assist students with travel costs related to periods of exchange or study abroad
- The fund cannot make awards to assist with tuition fees
How to apply
- Complete the Application for Financial Support form if you wish to apply for financial support. You only need to submit one application (and one set of supporting documents) and our assessing team will assess your circumstances and eligibility across all of the funds we administer (Housing Support Fund, Mature Students Hardship Fund, The Lady Eileen McDonald EU & International Student Fund and Discretionary Fund).
- Please complete the application, ensure you include all income and expenditure. We cannot assess an incomplete application. You must provide all the documents needed or your application will be delayed. Please provide photocopies, originals will not be returned.