The Discretionary Fund is intended for students who are in, or may be facing, severe financial difficulty. EU and international students are not normally eligible to apply.
Eligibility at a Glance*
- A registered full or part time Undergraduate or Postgraduate student at the University of Strathclyde
- Studying a course with a normal credit load of 30 credits or more
- Applied for and had their application assessed for all statutory funding, including maintenance loans, to which they are entitled (typically SAAS support, the equivalent support from other funding bodies in the rest of the UK.
- Is UK domiciled and meets residency criteria set out in the Education (Access Funds) (Scotland) Determination 2013, or is eligible to receive maintenance support under legislation applicable in other parts of the UK
*Full eligibility can be found in the University of Strathclyde Discretionary Fund Assessment Guidance.
Funding and Financial Support Team
email@example.com (for enquiries only)
0141 548 2753
How to apply
- Complete the Application for Financial Support form if you wish to apply for financial support. You only need to submit one application (and one set of supporting documents) and our assessing team will assess your circumstances and eligibility across all of the funds we administer (Housing Support Fund, Mature Students Hardship Fund, University of Strathclyde Covid-19 Hardship Fund, The Lady Eileen McDonald EU & International Student Fund and Discretionary Fund).
- Please complete the application, ensure you include all income and expenditure. We cannot assess an incomplete application. You must provide all the documents needed or your application will be delayed. Please provide photocopies, originals will not be returned.
Application for Financial Support
University of Strathclyde Discretionary Fund Assessment Guidance