The Discretionary Fund is intended for students who are in, or may be facing, severe financial difficulty. EU and international students are not normally eligible to apply.
Eligibility at a Glance*
- A registered full or part time Undergraduate or Postgraduate student at the University of Strathclyde
- Studying a course with a normal credit load of 30 credits or more
- Applied for and had their application assessed for all statutory funding, including maintenance loans, to which they are entitled (typically SAAS support, the equivalent support from other funding bodies in the rest of the UK.
- Is UK domiciled and meets residency criteria set out in the Education (Access Funds) (Scotland) Determination 2013, or is eligible to receive maintenance support under legislation applicable in other parts of the UK
*Full eligibility can be found in the University of Strathclyde Discretionary Fund Assessment Guidance.
Funding and Financial Support Team
email@example.com (for enquiries only)
0141 548 2753
How to apply
- Complete the Application for Financial Support form if you wish to apply for financial support. You only need to submit one application (and one set of supporting documents) and our assessing team will assess your circumstances and eligibility across all of the funds we administer (Housing Support Fund, Mature Students Hardship Fund, University of Strathclyde Covid-19 Hardship Fund, The Lady Eileen McDonald EU & International Student Fund and Discretionary Fund).
- Please complete the application, ensure you include all income and expenditure. We cannot assess an incomplete application. You must provide all the documents needed or your application will be delayed. Please provide photocopies, originals will not be returned.
This is a fillable PDF form. We recommend downloading the form first and saving a copy to your PC. You can then fill in the required information using Adobe Acrobat (free Adobe Reader). Remember to save your form at regular intervals so you don’t lose your information and remember to send your completed form.
Application for Financial Support 2
Completed application forms and supporting documents should be emailed to
Due to staff remote working, we are unable to accept hard copies of applications. You cannot post or drop off applications.
University of Strathclyde Discretionary Fund Assessment Guidance