Registered students of the University shall be eligible to apply to the Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- are aged 21 or over at the start of their current course of study.
- started their course with an appropriate funding arrangement in place but have fallen into hardship
- if eligible, have applied to the Discretionary Fund for support
- If eligible, have applied for all statutory funding (Student loan, bursary, cost of living grant)
- or they have been recommended for support from the Fund by the Student Support Team on the basis of urgent or exceptional circumstances
- a payment from the fund will make a significant contribution to the student’s ability to continue their studies successfully.
Level and Number of Awards
The level of award will be judged on a case to case basis but awards are likely to be around £500-£1000 to assist students in overcoming short term hardship. Because of this, the fund cannot be used to replace a regular income. Awards will be made until the fund has been exhausted.
If you have any queries please contact the Funding and Financial Support team:
0141 548 2753
How to apply
Students should complete a Financial Support Funds application and submit this along with their supporting documents to the Funding and Financial Support Team.
Or visit Student Lifecycle Counter
16 Richmond Street