The Mature Students Hardship Fund and other financial support funds are now closed to students whose courses end this semester. You may be eligible for Universal Credit after 22 May when your course will have ended. You can find out more about Universal Credit on the UK Government web pages. The Strath Union Advice Hub can provide further information and advice about claiming Universal Credit.
Registered students of the University shall be eligible to apply to the Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- are aged 21 or over at the start of their current course of study.
- started their course with an appropriate funding arrangement in place but have fallen into hardship
- if eligible, have applied to the Discretionary Fund for support
- If eligible, have applied for all statutory funding (Student loan, bursary, cost of living grant)
- or they have been recommended for support from the Fund by the Student Support Team on the basis of urgent or exceptional circumstances
- a payment from the fund will make a significant contribution to the student’s ability to continue their studies successfully.