- Number of scholarships: ~70
- Value: Dependant on destination
- Opens: 1 December 2021
- Helps with: Travel costs
The Postgraduate Research (PGR) Travel Award can be requested by current, registered doctoral students for travel to conferences where the student will either present papers or speak to a poster exhibit. Only one award can be granted per student for the duration of their PhD.
The maximum amount available to request from the PGR Travel Award Fund is dependent on the destination country:
- If the applicant is traveling within the United Kingdom (Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands), the maximum that may be requested is £60.
- If the applicant is traveling within Europe (not including the United Kingdom), the maximum amount that may be requested is £480.
- If the applicant is traveling to the Rest of the World, outside of Europe, the maximum that may be requested is £840.
All applications for the PGR Travel Award require a matched contribution to the contribution requested from the Award. The matched contribution must be greater than or equal to the contribution requested from the Award.
For more information on the amount available to request and matched contributions, please see the PGR Travel Award page on the RKES Portal, as well as the associated guidance document available therein.
Successful applicants are required to complete and submit a PGR Travel Award Post Travel Report, which will be provided upon a successful application, no later than 30 days after their return from the travel.
Please note that all planned travel must be in accordance with University guidance regarding international travel. As this guidance may change at any moment, please refer to the most up to date guidance on Fieldwork, Study, Research & Travel Overseas for Staff and Students on the University's Safety, Health and Wellbeing team's pages before applying.