In order to be eligible for the PGR Travel Award, applicants must be a full-time or part-time registered doctoral student at the University of Strathclyde at the time of their intended travel.
In order for the purpose of the intended travel to be eligible, applicants must have been accepted to present their own research undertaken at the University of Strathclyde at a conference in the form of a paper or a poster.
Applicants are not eligible for the PGR Travel Award if they:
- have travel funds available to them as part of their studentship;
- are UKRI-funded, and therefore have access to a Research Training Support Grant (RTSG);
- are on voluntary suspension or maternity/paternity leave;
- have submitted their thesis;
- are a current Masters student.
Further information on eligibility can be found in the PGR Travel Award Terms and Conditions (.docx).
The maximum amount available to request from the PGR Travel Award Fund is dependent on the destination country:
- If the applicant is traveling within the United Kingdom (Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands), the maximum that may be requested is £50.
- If the applicant is traveling within Europe (not including the United Kingdom), the maximum amount that may be requested is £400.
- If the applicant is traveling to the Rest of the World, outside of Europe, the maximum that may be requested is £700.
All applications for the PGR Travel Award require a matched contribution to the contribution requested from the Award. The matched contribution must be greater than or equal to the contribution requested from the Award.
For more information on the amount available to request and matched contributions, please see the PGR Travel Award Terms and Conditions (.docx).
Successful applicants are required to complete and submit a PGR Travel Award Post Travel Report no later than 30 days after their return from the travel.
For further information concerning the PGR Travel Award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please complete the PGR Travel Award application form and return a signed version as PDF file to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted prior to the start of the intended travel.
Retrospective applications will not be considered.