Is this for you?
Registered students of the University shall be eligible to apply to the Fund if they meet the following criteria:
- You have fallen into financial hardship after starting your course of study with an appropriate funding arrangement in place
- You are not eligible to apply to the University Discretionary Fund by virtue of your residence status
- A payment from the fund would make a significant contribution to your ability to continue your studies successfully; and
- You are unable to meet your immediate living costs through your existing funding.
The level of award will be judged on a case to case basis. Awards are around £300-£500 and are intended to meet immediate short term living costs. Because of this the fund cannot be used to replace a regular income. Awards will normally be made in the form of a grant.
Funding and Financial Support Team
email@example.com (for enquiries only)
How to apply
- Complete the Application for Financial Support form if you wish to apply for financial support. You only need to submit one application (and one set of supporting documents) and our assessing team will assess your circumstances and eligibility across all of the funds we administer (Housing Support Fund, Mature Students Hardship Fund, University of Strathclyde Covid-19 Hardship Fund, The Lady Eileen McDonald EU & International Student Fund and Discretionary Fund).
- Please complete the application, ensure you include all income and expenditure. We cannot assess an incomplete application. You must provide all the documents needed or your application will be delayed. Please provide photocopies, originals will not be returned.
Application for Financial Support
University of Strathclyde Discretionary Fund Assessment Guidance