The Strathclyde Medals recognise people who have made an important contribution to the University values in their work, relationships and achievements.
We are now nine years into our journey of being a Values-based organisation – our Values describe ‘how things are done’ at Strathclyde; effectively our institutional DNA. We are committed to ensuring that our Values remain authentic, credible and underpin how we treat others, how we expect to be treated and how we make decisions.
Our Strathclyde Medals celebrate these Values by recognising the individuals and teams who put them into action and exhibit them in everything they do. To date, we have presented 95 Individual awards, 64 Team awards and four Principal’s Special Awards that we introduced in 2020.
In order to support our alignment with our People Strategy and Vision, I am proposing that this year we ask for nominations for people who have demonstrated excellence in the Values, within themed categories, including: Excellent Student Experience; Leadership; Outstanding Colleague; Innovation; and, On Campus Services – i.e. our staff that have delivered services and/or maintained campus facilities.
I would strongly encourage you to think of the colleagues and teams that best exemplify our Values and put them forward for these awards. Nominations for the 2022 awards can be made using the online nomination form until 20th May. Winners will be presented with their Medals at an in-person ceremony on 30th September.
For questions or further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of nominations is 20th May 2022. The Award winners will be chosen by a panel and then celebrated at an Awards Ceremony on 30th September 2022.
- nominees must be University of Strathclyde employees
- nominations can be for an individual or a team (all team members must be University of Strathclyde employees)
- nominations can be made by any Strathclyde member of staff or any current Strathclyde student
- if nominating a team, the team lead and contact details should be included
- as the nominator, you should complete the Nomination Form and provide a brief description of the activity or contribution that demonstrates each value for which the nominee(s) is being proposed for an award
- one nomination should be made per form; you can submit as many nominations as you wish as long as each nomination is clearly different
Read more about the 2021 Medal Winners.