The Strathclyde Medals recognise people who have made an important contribution to the University values in their work, relationships and achievements.
Over the last three years, we have worked together to build on our University values in order to reflect who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for.
There is no doubt that our values – People-Oriented, Bold, Innovative, Collaborative and Ambitious - are playing a critical role in fostering a working environment which is taking us to the next level of performance and achievement and reinforcing Strathclyde’s position as a leading University.
Last year, you nominated members of staff who had made important contributions through demonstrating and 'living' the University values in their work, relationships and achievements.
We were delighted with the high calibre and the number of nominations received (90 individual and 33 team nominations) and saw this as a clear sign of the thriving and successful organisation which Strathclyde is.
Thirteen individual and nine team Awards were presented at our inaugural Strathclyde Medals Ceremony held in June last year.
The Medal Awards are to recognise individual people or teams at Strathclyde who consistently demonstrate the University’s values in their work and relationships and we are keen to receive nominations from across the University community.
Please think about staff with whom you interact and who you believe exemplify the Strathclyde values in their interactions, relationships and commitment to excellence.
The closing date for receipt of nominations is Friday 18th May 2018
- nominees must be University of Strathclyde employees
- nominations can be for an individual or a team (all team members must be University of Strathclyde employees)
- nominations can be made by any Strathclyde member of staff or any current Strathclyde student
- if nominating a team, the team lead and contact details should be included
- as the nominator, you should complete the Nomination Form and provide a brief description of the activity or contribution for which the nominee(s) is being proposed for an award
- one nomination should be made per form; you can submit as many nominations as you wish as long as each nomination is clearly different
- alternatively, nomination forms should be sent in a sealed envelope, clearly marked ‘Strathclyde Medals’, to:
Organisational & Staff Development Unit
OSDU, 40 George Street, Glasgow