The Strathclyde Medals recognise people who have made an important contribution to the University values in their work, relationships and achievements.
Over recent years, we have worked together to ensure that our University Values authentically reflect who we are, how we work, what we believe in and what we stand for. There is no doubt that our Values – People-Oriented, Bold, Innovative, Collaborative and Ambitious - are currently playing a critical role in how we are responding to the COVID-19 crisis and will be an essential part of how we achieve our exciting plans associated with Vision 2025.
Every year, we ask you to nominate individual members of staff or teams who consistently demonstrate the University’s Values in their work, contributions and relationships. Nominations received are considered by a cross University panel, with the best examples being celebrated at a Strathclyde Medals Ceremony where individuals and teams receive a Values Medal or a Values Team Trophy.
This year, we believe it is more important than ever to recognise colleagues who most closely exemplify the Values in their interactions, relationships and commitment to Strathclyde. We are now asking you, therefore, to think about staff from across the University Community who deserve recognition because they are People-Oriented, Bold, Innovative, Collaborative and/or Ambitious. Please think of all the staff with whom you interact and, this year, with a particular focus on individuals or teams of colleagues who have most closely exemplified the Values during the current coronavirus crisis.
The closing date for receipt of nominations is 28th August 2020. The winners will be chosen during September and an awards ceremony, which may be virtual, face-to-face or a mix of both, will be held during October.
- nominees must be University of Strathclyde employees
- nominations can be for an individual or a team (all team members must be University of Strathclyde employees)
- nominations can be made by any Strathclyde member of staff or any current Strathclyde student
- if nominating a team, the team lead and contact details should be included
- as the nominator, you should complete the Nomination Form and provide a brief description of the activity or contribution for which the nominee(s) is being proposed for an award
- one nomination should be made per form; you can submit as many nominations as you wish as long as each nomination is clearly different
- alternatively, nomination forms should be sent in a sealed envelope, clearly marked ‘Strathclyde Medals’, to:
Organisational & Staff Development Unit
OSDU, 40 George Street, Glasgow