Our values - people-orientedWe demonstrate that we are people-oriented when we:
- show that we value and appreciate colleagues and students for the work they do
- identify and engage with others in a positive way
- pay attention to the needs of others and respond positively to these
- deliver on the promises and commitments that we make
- listen to and respect other people’s views and opinions
- behave in a courteous manner and treat people with understanding and respect
- are committed to our own professional development and to supporting the development needs of others
Examples of our people-oriented award winners
View all award winners Strathclyde Medals Booklet .
Hear Sandra Heidinger, Director of HR, speak about why she nominated Janette Birnie for a Strathclyde Medal and the Wellbeing Volunteers talk about how it felt to receive a medal.
- Strathclyde awarded Healthy Working Lives Gold Award, April 2015
- Strathclyde announced as Living Wage Employer, October 2015
- The Scottish Oral History Centre has established a network of local history societies which have begun to collect and record memories of their particular localities after receiving training in oral history methodology and techniques. This has empowered 'historyless' groups and communities to construct their own people's history.