The University of Strathclyde has an extensive and growing portfolio in manufacturing product and process integrity.
Specialist experience and capability in areas such as Non-Destructive Evaluation, Metrology, Residual Stress measurement and Materials Characterisation underpin a wide range of manufactured products and processes.
Areas of expertise
- contact and non-contact ultrasonic transducer array systems
- automatic and autonomous inspection techniques
- NDE system and mathematical modelling and simulation
- image processing and data visualisation
- a wide range of sensor technologies: ultrasonic, eddy current, electromagnetic, optical
- mechanical, thermal, compositional and microstructural analysis
- destructive and non-destructive residual stress measurement
- residual stress prediction simulation and modelling
- residual stress focussed process optimisation
- Contact & non-contact metrology across scales